Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Select multiple slicer options

I am having an issue with the slicer visual. Since the October update the default for slicers has changed to single selection only. You can change this in the web app / edit report / format pane / selection criteria. However this change will only remain as long as the data is not refreshed.

My team needs to be able to select multiple options in the slicer while with customers. Why has this change occurred and why can't it be reverted permanetly in the edit field? I really hope someone can answer this.

2 REPLIES 2
mscurrell

Agreed; it would be great to get an ack on this issue and to know it will be addressed.

It is not possible to multi-select.  There is also no "Select All" option, so I can't select all items in a long list, then de-select 1 or 2 items.

My data refreshes daily, plus I shouldn't have to go in an edit my report on the web site anyway after uploading from PBI Desktop.  Plus, it is inconsistent - the "Select All" appears in PBI Desktop slicers, but disappears in the iOS app and web site.  Maybe the slicer UI in PBI Desktop will be updated in the next version to provide the required select options, then the iOS app and web site will support multi-select and "Select All".

Hi

I am not an IOS user but for Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service the slicer now supports Select All, Single Select and Multi select.

Regards

Harris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors