Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andykmwong
Helper III
Helper III

Security for Power BI Mobile

Hi Guys,

May I know some security questions below for Power BI Mobile which was used by corporate level :

1. How to control only company users could be authenticated to access the reports data when using Power BI mobile ?

To my understanding, the Power BI would need the user to register a company email with password then use this information to authenticate the Power BI services. So same apply for Power BI mobile ?

2. Does the connection would be closed by after 30 minutes when the remote device users do not accessed ?

3. I used the Power BI Pro (trial version) to create some rerports and use the Power BI mobile apps to open but the report keeps loading for a long time still not yet see the report screen. 

ps. I was using my own mobile scribe ISP to connect the internet then logon with my Power BI registered email (company email) and password.

Thanks for information

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @andykmwong,

1. Yes, the authentication to Power BI mobile apps is the same as for Power BI service.

2. Not sure how to answer this, What is your concern here?

3. Please  provide the details below:

• Type of mobile device type:
  • OS version:  
  • App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):
  • Steps to re-create the issue you reported:
  • Any additional screenshots would be highly appreciated

4. The administration for Power BI users is done in Office 365 admin center.

How do I remove Power BI for users that already signed up?

If a user signed up for Power BI, but you no longer want them to have access to Power BI, you can remove the Power BI license for that user.

1. Navigate to the Office 365 admin center.

2. In the left navigation bar, select Users > Active Users.

3. Find the user you want to remove the license for, then select their name > Edit.

4. On the user details page, select Licenses in the left navigation bar.

5. Uncheck Power BI (free), or Power BI Pro, depending on what license is applied to their account.

6. Select Save.

You can find more data here :https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-administering-power-bi-in-your-organ...

View solution in original post

andykmwong
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks RomiK !!!

For Q2 above, just wonder the Power BI mobile like other e-Banking apps could be timeout after ideal for a period of time regrading security concern of company policy.

For Q3 above, have posted the issue on another post with some replies.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Mobile-Power-BI-How-to-refresh-company-data-through-Dire...

Thanks !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andykmwong
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks RomiK !!!

For Q2 above, just wonder the Power BI mobile like other e-Banking apps could be timeout after ideal for a period of time regrading security concern of company policy.

For Q3 above, have posted the issue on another post with some replies.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Mobile-Power-BI-How-to-refresh-company-data-through-Dire...

Thanks !

andykmwong
Helper III
Helper III

One more questions :

4. If the staff has left the corporation, could Power BI use the logon email to authenticate with company mail address book to ensure no access to the staff ?

Thanks

Hi @andykmwong,

1. Yes, the authentication to Power BI mobile apps is the same as for Power BI service.

2. Not sure how to answer this, What is your concern here?

3. Please  provide the details below:

• Type of mobile device type:
  • OS version:  
  • App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):
  • Steps to re-create the issue you reported:
  • Any additional screenshots would be highly appreciated

4. The administration for Power BI users is done in Office 365 admin center.

How do I remove Power BI for users that already signed up?

If a user signed up for Power BI, but you no longer want them to have access to Power BI, you can remove the Power BI license for that user.

1. Navigate to the Office 365 admin center.

2. In the left navigation bar, select Users > Active Users.

3. Find the user you want to remove the license for, then select their name > Edit.

4. On the user details page, select Licenses in the left navigation bar.

5. Uncheck Power BI (free), or Power BI Pro, depending on what license is applied to their account.

6. Select Save.

You can find more data here :https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-administering-power-bi-in-your-organ...

ayoub
Regular Visitor

I used  the Power BI mobile apps to open but the report keeps loading for a long time , i can show reports  with .csv data source, but when i use reports with datasets i have this problem

can you help me please

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors