Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

polcakcz

SSRS Mobile Reports - expiration of cached data

Hello everyone! In our company, we have recently discovered the opportunity to publish SSRS reports to the Power BI mobile app and we are absolutely thrilled by this idea! Smiley Happy

However, there are some questions about data security, specifically about data caching for offline usage. Is there any way to setup the expiration period of the cached data or fully disable local caching on connected mobile devices? If there is not any option to setup expiration period, what is the default value for data expiration?

Thank you for your answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitzhak
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Currently there is no expiration period for the data of SSRS Mobile reports. However in case the device is online there is a check of credentials and incase of password change the user is required to reenter them otherwise the data is cleared for security reasons.

Hope this answers your question.

I will forward your feedback & proposal to the product team.

All the best,

Yitzhak

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yitzhak
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Currently there is no expiration period for the data of SSRS Mobile reports. However in case the device is online there is a check of credentials and incase of password change the user is required to reenter them otherwise the data is cleared for security reasons.

Hope this answers your question.

I will forward your feedback & proposal to the product team.

All the best,

Yitzhak

Thank you. It would be really nice to have the possibility to adjust expiration period manually. I hope that this feature will be aviable in the future.

Hi, I've the other problem - we need to store the data on the mobile device while no connection is possible.

Within SSRS2016 mobile Report Publisher one can allow the data to be stored on the client scs.PNG  enable

.. sorry , it's german and means you can enable the storage of the data on the client (2nd box is encrypted or no) . As long as good this is not working for all Datasets. It works for me only when the data is stored on the same SqlServer instance (other db) where the SSRS 2016 is installed. When one is gathering the data from other DB Server, this option is grayed out (bad luck for me). So one have to create DB Links, Views or some Jobs that take care to provide the data on that instance for offline availability.

Also for the datasets there are settings to refresh and store the data on the SSRS database.

In your case you only have to check the options to get the data fresh with every call to the report.

hope this helps.

Matthias

Anonymous
Not applicable

If a data-set has a Parameter then Enable client data caching is greyed out else this option in available.

I have 2 server One is Data Warehouse and another in Reporting Server and have shared Data-set pointing to Data warehouse Tables and deployed on Reporting Server. When I remove parameter from Data-set I can notice Enable client data caching is available to select/un-select but when I add a parameter to my query then this option greyed out.

Hi

As this is for authoring SSRS mobile reports scenario I would move the question to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/bd-p/ReportServer

Thanks

Yariv

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors