Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report turns up blank on PowerBI app on ipad

Hi!

The report contains an iframe (HTML viewer) with web content that renders perfectly well on the Power BI service (Chrome browser:  When site security is turned off to "Not Secure").

But on the iPad, it appears to be blank.

Here are the details: 

PowerBI version - 18.6

iPad iOS version - 12.3.1

Please could you help me with this isu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for this info - it was helpful. So the web content renders well on PowerBI app on iPad only when a secured site is used (i.e Https).

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Are you able to view the report when using native browser (Safari)?

I assume you are using custom visual in order to embed iframe in your report - what is the visual you are using?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav 

Thanks for replying. No, I am not able to view the visual on safari. (But on Chrome it works only after I disable the site security).

The custom visual I am using is not from the Marketplace. It's a website I have designed. I want to see if the website renders in the PowerBI iframe(HTML viewer).

Please, could you let me know if I have missed something?

Thank you!

Hey @Anonymous ,

The app uses Safari, whenever a web content needs to be display. So, you need to make sure that the contect you want to embed in the app can be viewed from Safari.

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for this info - it was helpful. So the web content renders well on PowerBI app on iPad only when a secured site is used (i.e Https).

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors