Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adzh
Frequent Visitor

Report Names in New Navigation

With the new navigation you can rename reports that are published in an app.

example:

I have a report named "Company Financials".  I published the report to the service, and I want it to display as "Financials" in the app.

When viewing the the report in a web browser the new names show correctly, but in the mobile app (both iOS and Android) the published name displays.

Is there a way to get the correct name to show in the mobile app?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @adzh , yes it helps 🙂

The scenario you are describing is related to the new Power BI App navigation model just released in Power BI service.

The mobile team is working on brining this to the mobile apps, and it should be available shortly.

Please stay tuned to the coming app updates.

Regards,

Maya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @adzh ,

I'm not sure i completly understood your scenario.

Can you please step-by-stpe of the scenario you are having?

In general, the names should be the same in the mobile apps and in the service.

Sometimes, since the mobile applications cache the metadata for better load time, it takes time for the updaed name to show up in the app. In this case, refreshing the data force the app to bring new and updated names from the service. 

Have you tried "pull to refresh"?

Thanks, Maya

adzh
Frequent Visitor

@mshenhav wrote:

Hey @adzh ,

I'm not sure i completly understood your scenario.

Can you please step-by-stpe of the scenario you are having?

In general, the names should be the same in the mobile apps and in the service.

Sometimes, since the mobile applications cache the metadata for better load time, it takes time for the updaed name to show up in the app. In this case, refreshing the data force the app to bring new and updated names from the service. 

Have you tried "pull to refresh"?

Thanks, Maya

Maya,

I have a .pbix file named Company Finanacials.

I published the report to the service.

I then clicked published app, and in the Navigation tab i updated the Name to "Financials"

Next I clicked on update app.

In a web browser the new name displays correctly.

If I go into the iOS or Android mobile app report names display as the original "Company Financials" and not the updated date "Financials".

I hope this explination helps.

Thanks

Thanks @adzh , yes it helps 🙂

The scenario you are describing is related to the new Power BI App navigation model just released in Power BI service.

The mobile team is working on brining this to the mobile apps, and it should be available shortly.

Please stay tuned to the coming app updates.

Regards,

Maya

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adzh ,

In fact, I can direct modify my app name and update it. As message mentioned, it will take a few time for app update, perhaps you can try to unpublish original app and publish new version.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I unpublished and republished the app, but still no luck in the mobile app.  The app in a browser is working correctly but the mobile app lists the reports with the published name and not the updated name.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors