cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramramd
Regular Visitor

Regd Power BI Mobile app Vs Native mobile app consuming power BI API

Hi,

I know that dashboards published to msit power BI site can be viewed on power BI mobile as is.

Recently, I found below link to integrate power BI reports into mobile using power BI API.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report/

After reading it, I did not understand in what way this API is going to help as we can see the dashboards directly with power BI mobile app. I want to understand as to when using the Power BI API is going to help as compared to going with power BI mobile app to view dashboards directly.  Can you pls clarify.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ramramd

The Power BI REST API provides programmatic access to Power BI dashboard resources. The document you have read is about integrating Power BI report into web or client app, not mobile app. 

Reference:
What can developers do with Power BI?

Overview of Power BI REST API

Power BI REST API reference

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ramramd

The Power BI REST API provides programmatic access to Power BI dashboard resources. The document you have read is about integrating Power BI report into web or client app, not mobile app. 

Reference:
What can developers do with Power BI?

Overview of Power BI REST API

Power BI REST API reference

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors