Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rogy

Refresh Data based on the user input box

Hi ,

I have just started to use PowerBI recently and  find it well designed and flexible.  I used  Sql server reporting service in the past. We have decided to migrate to  PowerBI. There is a feature that i have not found on reports rendered for PowerBI mobile. We want to have  2 input box  Card_id and _Date for example, where the user can write values. Based on the value entered, only associated data will be collected directly from the database. (up to date data).  I have seen "Direct Query" feature.  The problem here is that the user input does not modify the query of the dataset.   In one word, I need to have parameter feature like we have in Sql server reporting serivce.  

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for this answer. I just understand that what i need is not possible for the moment.

anyway thank you so much for taking that time to answer to me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Rogy,

Unfortunately, you can't use data view filters to interact with backend query tables connections. (date level: query table -> data model table -> data view table; child-level filters not able to affect parent level records)

Perhaps you can try to use query parameters to parameterize your connection string, but it not able to operate on the mobile side.

Edit parameter settings in the Power BI service 

Using the Power BI Service Parameters to change connection strings (To possibly change between Dev  
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for this answer. I just understand that what i need is not possible for the moment.

anyway thank you so much for taking that time to answer to me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors