Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Random Unable to Load Object in Report

Hi community,

We are trying to use the PowerBI Mobile App to consume some reports that we have un our On Premise Report Server, however we are experience random errors of "Unable to show object" without any details, here an example:

Unable to load objects_2020-05-20.jpeg

But, suddently some refreshes later, the report loads fine. Any advice of what could be happening? This issue is not related with my network since we are using an stable WiFi. Also we checked the logs of our gateway in our server are there are no errors during these events.

Power BI App Version: 20.6

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

What type of connection string did you test to link the report server? Oauth mode or common credentials? If you mean OAuth mode, please check the following link to confirm you configured correctly:

Using OAuth to connect to Power BI Report Server and SSRS 

In addition, what type of network connection your device connected? Direct connect the network link to datasource or use a proxy to mapping to the network that your report server host?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thank you for your answer, we are using common credentials and we directly connect to the datasource without proxy.

HI @Anonymous,

Do these issues only appear on the mobile app side? What happens if you use pc or mobile web browser to access to power bi service contents?

If this issue only appear on mobile app side, I'd like to suggest you contact to power bi mobile team to confirm if any backend data loading/processing issues.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

When it fails, what are the details?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no details, nothing happens when we click on "See Details"

Wait is this Direct Query, Live or Import model?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is an imported model that lives in our analysis server and its accessible through our gateway:

One-Promises Data Gateway_2020-05-20.png

And no errors from the logs of the Diagnostics section are present, it's just somethings the report loads correctly in the PowerBI App and sometimes don't.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors