Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Monika_85
Frequent Visitor

Published report not visible in App

Hey, I published report on Power Bi service, then I clicked "Update App" and added it to "content". It's here, fully visible. I clicked "update", waited for more than an hour and this report does not show up in App. It has include in App button in green.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Monika_85
Frequent Visitor

I solved the issue by going to Audience section and saw that my new report is hidden so I unlicked to be visible it and it worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
akshay4839
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thx for the help

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Hello @mshenhav 

I am not using any mobile platform. I am using Microsoft Edge browser on my laptop. I just now re-published the app, after messing around with visible/hidden flag on the dashboard for the audience, and wow, there they both are!

I'm not kidding, I have been looking at this for a week, trying to figure out what was going on. I also noticed that after making a change to the Dashboard and re-publishing on time last week, the app was still showing a previous version of that dashboard. (And just to be clear, we are talking about the inclusion/exclusion of visual elements and their styles, NOT simply different data.)

I suspect it might be a caching issue, which I have seen several times before with Power BI. I just wish that it did a better job of figuring out when to refresh the cache.

I'm going to monitor this for a while and if it pops up again, try clearing the browser cache, or a different browser. If that doesn't help, I will start a new thread. 

Thanks for your response.

Thanks for the update.

Please note that this forum is monitored by Power BI Mobile team, and your issue is related to Power BI Service.  I would recommend to start a new thread under Power BI Service (if needed of course) so you will get better support.

Thanks, Maya

Monika_85
Frequent Visitor

I solved the issue by going to Audience section and saw that my new report is hidden so I unlicked to be visible it and it worked.

I have a similar issue. I have one Report and one Dashboard, both are marked as Visible in the Audience section. But after publishing the app, only the Dashboard is visible, not the report. I assume this is because the Dashboard is listed first under Content. If I move the Report to the top of Content, then only the Report (and its pages) is visible in the App.

How do I get EVERYTHING listed on the Content page to be visible in the App? (yes, I can confirm that both artifacts are VISIBLE to the Audience.)

They used to have a "Navigation" section with nice functionality, but they ripped that out and replaced it with Content, with minimal control 

Hey @ToddChitt ,

Are you facing this issue in Power BI Mobile app?

What platform are you using (IOS or Android)?

Can you share screen capture on the experience where you see only the first item within the audience? (currently Power BI Mobile apps show all allowed app content under a single list, without breaking it down to multiple audiences. This will change soon.)

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors