Re: Preserve filter selection through bookmark

Hello,

Did someone was able to fix this?

Thank you

mshenhav Established Member
Established Member

Hey @OliveiraThiago,

Can be more specifc on the scenario you are looking after?

Thanks, Maya

OliveiraThiago Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I believe I can. I am using sync slicer, drill through and bookmarks. Bookmarks are only for the current pages, but sync slicer and drill through should be in all pages I have. So, I can write you an example:

I pick up a filter using slicer, after, I go to a specific page, where I have two bookmarks (Monthly and YTD). If Monthly is the bookmark selected before I apply my slicer on the previous page. I can simply change the months I want to see; however, if I change to YTD bookmark, the filter I applied with sync slicer is gone. 

I read some topics at the community saying that I should simply disable Data option on bookmarks I set up. The point is that, somehow, when I do such thing it seems that my bookmarks is no long working. 

Thank you

mshenhav Established Member
Established Member

Hey @OliveiraThiago,

Does the below scenario is working for you in the browser/Power BI Desktop and not working in the mobile app?

Thanks, Maya

OliveiraThiago Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @mshenhav,

Thank you for your answer. It wasn't work on my Desktop, can not tell you about mobile since I didn't publish it.

However, I managed to solve this. I was using page filters; instead, I had to change my measures and work with my visuals, one visual per bookmark.

Cheers,

Thiago 

Katja_Manley Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How did you solve this? I have the same issue. I have page filters that I have synch to my two pages in my report.  I now also added a book mark as a fancy way to go to the other tab of the report, but when I use the book mark to get the the other tab, a changed page filter setting is lost, as the book mark reverts to the orignal page filter.

Is there someway around this?

I am using PowerBI Desktop. 

binayprasai Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

When you make a bookmark. Click on the elipsis (...) beside the bookmark name and uncheck data. 

Katja_Manley Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Ahh, thanks! Works like a charm now!