Re: Preserve filter selection through bookmark

Hello,

Did someone was able to fix this?

Thank you

Power BI Team mshenhav
Power BI Team

Hey @OliveiraThiago,

Can be more specifc on the scenario you are looking after?

Thanks, Maya

OliveiraThiago Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I believe I can. I am using sync slicer, drill through and bookmarks. Bookmarks are only for the current pages, but sync slicer and drill through should be in all pages I have. So, I can write you an example:

I pick up a filter using slicer, after, I go to a specific page, where I have two bookmarks (Monthly and YTD). If Monthly is the bookmark selected before I apply my slicer on the previous page. I can simply change the months I want to see; however, if I change to YTD bookmark, the filter I applied with sync slicer is gone. 

I read some topics at the community saying that I should simply disable Data option on bookmarks I set up. The point is that, somehow, when I do such thing it seems that my bookmarks is no long working. 

Thank you

Power BI Team mshenhav
Power BI Team

Hey @OliveiraThiago,

Does the below scenario is working for you in the browser/Power BI Desktop and not working in the mobile app?

Thanks, Maya

OliveiraThiago Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @mshenhav,

Thank you for your answer. It wasn't work on my Desktop, can not tell you about mobile since I didn't publish it.

However, I managed to solve this. I was using page filters; instead, I had to change my measures and work with my visuals, one visual per bookmark.

Cheers,

Thiago 

Katja_Manley Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How did you solve this? I have the same issue. I have page filters that I have synch to my two pages in my report.  I now also added a book mark as a fancy way to go to the other tab of the report, but when I use the book mark to get the the other tab, a changed page filter setting is lost, as the book mark reverts to the orignal page filter.

Is there someway around this?

I am using PowerBI Desktop. 

binayprasai Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

When you make a bookmark. Click on the elipsis (...) beside the bookmark name and uncheck data. 

Highlighted
Katja_Manley Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Ahh, thanks! Works like a charm now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 228 members 2,301 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: