Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhanu431
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI APP Login in ipad

I tried logging into PowerBI APP in ipad, it gives sts error.

1)Cleared Cache in ipad

2)Un installed and re installed the APP

3)Restarted the device

Tried the above 3 ways, still didn't find a way out. This issue is on only one particular device(ipad).

Help me out of this.

Regards,

Bhanu

9 REPLIES 9
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bhanu431,

Based on test, I can login in my account at the same version power bi app. Can you provide more detailed information about this issue?

In addition, does your account contains the any specific characters or setting any particular authentications?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

My account doesn't contains any neither specific characters nor any particular authentications.

FYI,

I was not able to login(PowerBI APP) with my id only on that particular ipad.

erezone
Employee
Employee

Hello Bhanu.

I'm Erez, an engineer working in the Power BI for iOS team.

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience.

Could you please share a screenshot of the failure, and provide the iOS and app versions of your device, as well as the iPad model?

Thank you!

Dear Erez,

Thanks for the reply!

Please find the error message and the ipad details.

sts.domain.comsts.domain.com

ipad model=ipad Air 2 (Model:MH182HN/A)

ios:10.3.2

PowerBI app Version=13.6

Please do the needful.

Regards,

Bhanu

Can you please try to use the iPad safari browser to access Power BI?

Simply open the Safari app and navigate to https://app.powerbi.com

Let me know if the login experience succeeds.

Dear @erezone

I am able to log into PowerBI account using Safari browser on the same device on which i am facing issue.

Facing issue only with the app.

Regards,

Bhanu 

Hello again.

Are you trying to login using the Microsoft Authenticator app? If not, please download the Microsoft Authenticator app from the app store and try to login to Power BI again.

If you are already using it, please remove it and try logging in to Power BI again.

If it doesn't help, please contact Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com> so we can help you further.

Dear @erezone,

Thanks for reply.

PowerBI is working properly on other devices(iphone,android phones) without any Microsoft Authenticator App. Can you please brief me why the MS Authenticator app is required?

1)why other devices doesn't require MS Authenticator App  to log into PowerBI app?

Regards,

Bhanu

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps performing the authentication of Microsoft apps thru a centeralized broker.
I asked you to use it to see if it solves your problem.

However, now that you said that it does work on other devices (I assume with the same user account), can you say if you have any other Microsoft apps on that particular device that might make a differ from other ones?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors