Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drielly

Power Bi Mobile

I would like to know if the free version of Power Bi can have access to Power BI Mobile, as I have already done all the steps of the publication and I and not others can see it. Could you please guide me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Drielly ,

If you are a free user, you will publish the report to My Workspace, and you can view the report you published in Power BI mobile, right in my workspace. 

Outside of Premium capacity, a user with a free license can only use the Power BI service to connect to data and create reports and dashboards in My Workspace. They can't share content with others or publish content to other workspaces. To learn more about workspace types, see Types of workspaces.

License type Capabilities when workspace is in shared capacity Additional capabilities when workspace is in Premium capacity
Power BI (free) Access to content in My Workspace Consume content shared with them
Power BI Pro Publish content to other workspaces, share dashboards, subscribe to dashboards and reports, share with users who have a Pro license Distribute content to users who have free licenses
Power BI Premium Per User Publish content to other workspaces, share dashboards, subscribe to dashboards and reports, share with users who have a Premium Per User license Distribute content to users who have free and Pro licenses

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Drielly ,

If you are a free user, you will publish the report to My Workspace, and you can view the report you published in Power BI mobile, right in my workspace. 

Outside of Premium capacity, a user with a free license can only use the Power BI service to connect to data and create reports and dashboards in My Workspace. They can't share content with others or publish content to other workspaces. To learn more about workspace types, see Types of workspaces.

License type Capabilities when workspace is in shared capacity Additional capabilities when workspace is in Premium capacity
Power BI (free) Access to content in My Workspace Consume content shared with them
Power BI Pro Publish content to other workspaces, share dashboards, subscribe to dashboards and reports, share with users who have a Pro license Distribute content to users who have free licenses
Power BI Premium Per User Publish content to other workspaces, share dashboards, subscribe to dashboards and reports, share with users who have a Premium Per User license Distribute content to users who have free and Pro licenses

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Drielly Yes, you can use the Power BI Mobile app to view the data that you have published. But, for anyone else to see it, you and they would need a Pro license for sharing purposes.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors