Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blynn
Helper I
Helper I

Power Bi Mobile to SSRS Mobile Reports

I have a server setup and I created some mobile reports.  It was working great until a day or so ago. I have the server setup in the Power Bi mobile app, on an Android. I can see the 3 mobile reports icons when I go to the server. If I select any of them, I get the power Bi bars moving, similar to the hourglass and 19 out of 20 times, thats all it does. Occasionally, I see an error message, but most of the time, it just sits and spins. I checked the log file on the server, but I couldn't find anything. I can use a PC and open all of the mobile reports without an issue. We have a group policy to disable firewalls so I'm usre thats not the issue. Its odd it was working.  we are on a domain and I checked the server's config file. It has Negotiate is first and NTLM is second. I will gather any information needed , just haven't a clue where to look.

7 REPLIES 7
blynn
Helper I
Helper I

I have a server setup and I created some mobile reports.  It was working great until a day or so ago. I have the server setup in the Power Bi mobile app, on an Android. I can see the 3 mobile reports icons when I go to the server. If I select any of them, I get the power Bi bars moving, similar to the hourglass and 19 out of 20 times, thats all it does. Occasionally, I see an error message, but most of the time, it just sits and spins. I checked the log file on the server, but I couldn't find anything. I can use a PC and open all of the mobile reports without an issue. We have a group policy to disable firewalls so I'm usre thats not the issue. Its odd it was working.  we are on a domain and I checked the server's config file. It has Negotiate is first and NTLM is second. I will gather any information needed , just haven't a clue where to look.

Hi @blynn,

>>Occasionally, I see an error message, but most of the time, it just sits and spins.

Please share some detial content about these, such as screentshots, error log,...

In addition, please test with other devices to confirm if this issue appears on specific device.

BTW, if your report contains huge amount of records, I'd like to suggest you connect your device to wifi to increase loading

progress.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

A few things. We can only connect via Wifi on a mobile device and its a Wifi that secure to it allows us to connect to corporate data. I've so far narrowed it down to Android devices. I have 2 phones, one personal (Samsung S7 Edge) and one is a work phone (Samsung S5). I tried on a coworker's iPhone and it seems to be fine. Fortunately, a majority of the users right now are in iPhone. He has an Android personal phone so hopefully I can try it today. I thought the only ports needed are port 80, since thats the port our SSRS runs on. I couldn't find anything else that says anything different.

As for error messages, there are not any. I get to the site, select a mobile report and it just shows the animated bar chart (Power Bi sysmbol) and thats it. If you wait long enough, it might say an eror occurred, but its that generic Power Bi Mobile error

message. I checked the SSRS log files and I even enabled the HTTP log files but I didn't see anything. I don't know of any other logs to look for. I didn't think the mobile device had any.

I've tried removing the Power Bi app and reinstalling it, but no change. Its so odd that it stopped work almost instantaneously. I was in one guy's office showing him and when I went next door, it stopped. I've  tried all over all the plant, which is many different access points, but its the same. I can't access the data from outside without using a VPN. Thats the only think I haven't tried. Hwoever, since th iPhone worked, I would suspect its not an access issue, at least from the WiFi.

I have checked my Co-Workers Android, and it has the same issue. Its definnately related to Andriods.

Screenshot_20170623-061319.png

Hi @blynn,

Which version you test? Does this issue appears on newest version?

In addition, does this issue only appears on particular report? Have you test on another ssrs reports?

Regards,
Xiao Xin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I can't say what version I was using prior to the issue, since my phones autoupdate. However, the version on my phone now is 111584, which seems to be the latest version.

The issue only occurs on mobile reports. I can see the KPIs on the screen and I can select them and they will display. If I use the web browser on the phone, I can put in the Report Servers address and I can load the mobile reports there. I have 3 mobile reports in in subdirectory and 1 in another, and neither will load.

Hi @blynn,

It sounds like the issue is appears on mobile reports. perhaps you can report this issue to power bi mobile team with detail operation logs.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Hi @blynn,

I am Ori from the Power BI Android team,

I would like to get some more information from you.

please contact me at

oreduar@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Ori 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors