04-24-2018 12:00 AM
I have couple of questions around Power BI Mobile App for Android and Apple phones:
1. If I open the phone layout report in andriod/iPhone mobile through Power BI app it opens in Potrait mode but when I open same report in iPad or Tablet it opens in Landscape mode which is similar to desktop layout.. So is there any way we can provide user the functionality to only open the the phone layout report in Potrait mode in tablet/iPad.
2. Is there any option we can provide the user to choose to open report in Potrait mode and landscape mode if we created report in phone layout.
3. How many visualization we can have in phone layout... I have read somewhere it is 2 page scroll or it depends on the boxes in grid.
Please feel free to add any more details which can help me to understand the Power BI mobile reporting..
Thank you for reading this and appreciate your help..
04-24-2018 06:25 AM
1. We are currently considering better layout for tablets in portait. It will help if you can add that as in idea in our user voice: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939
2. When the user switches to landscape we change the layout to be landscape, so basically you can choose to get phone report or landscape report based on the way you hold your phone.
3. We are investigating the option to increase the canvas length to allow more visuals in the mobile page. Again, voting for this ask will help to prioritize it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31652590-mobile-screen-area-heigh...
Thanks for your feedback, Maya
04-24-2018 06:37 AM
Thank you @mshenhav for your reply.. i was really looking forward for someone's reply
Sorry but got couple more question hope you don't mind..
As you mention that "We are currently considering better layout for tablets in portait." so does it mean there is no Portait view in Andriod Tablet Power BI app and iPad(tablet) Power BI app.
Can you please help me understand what are the common differences in Phone layout which is shown in Power BI Andriod/IOS phone and Andriod (tablets) and Ipad, means any significant difference.
"We are investigating the option to increase the canvas length to allow more visuals in the mobile page. Again, voting for this ask will help to prioritize it"
What is the official say of Power BI Team what is the maximum visualisation we can drag in a phone layout canvas.. is it like 20*6 = 120 visual or 2 Page scroll or anything else.
I searched on the documentations of power bi but couldn't find anything on that and it's a common questions from customer i often hear so just wanted to know.
I hope i am making sense, Thank you again for your reply and looking forward for the response.
04-24-2018 09:29 AM
If there is no Portrait view in Power BI App for Ipad and Andriod tablet then i have posted one idea for the same: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34050274-portrait-view-in-power-b...
I hope this will help.
Thank you !!