Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI mobile App on Tablet and iPad

Hello All,
I have couple of questions around Power BI Mobile App for Android and Apple phones:
1. If I open the phone layout report in andriod/iPhone mobile through Power BI app it opens in Potrait mode but when I open same report in iPad or Tablet it opens in Landscape mode which is similar to desktop layout.. So is there any way we can provide user the functionality to only open the the phone layout report in Potrait mode in tablet/iPad.
2. Is there any option we can provide the user to choose to open report in Potrait mode and landscape mode if we created report in phone layout.
3. How many visualization we can have in phone layout... I have read somewhere it is 2 page scroll or it depends on the boxes in grid.
Please feel free to add any more details which can help me to understand the Power BI mobile reporting..
Thank you for reading this and appreciate your help..
5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey chayanupadhyay,

1. We are currently considering better layout for tablets in portait. It will help if you can add that as in idea in our user voice: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939

2. When the user switches to landscape we change the layout to be landscape, so basically you can choose to get phone report or landscape report based on the way you hold your phone.

3. We are investigating the option to increase the canvas length to allow more visuals in the mobile page. Again, voting for this ask will help to prioritize it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31652590-mobile-screen-area-heigh...

Thanks for your feedback, Maya

If there is no Portrait view in Power BI App for Ipad and Andriod tablet then i have posted one idea for the same: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34050274-portrait-view-in-power-b...

I hope this will help.

Thank you !!

FYI: This idea is marked as completed by Power BI team 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34050274-portrait-view-in-power-b...

I haven't tried yet but if anyone else tried then please let me know.

Thank you,

Chayan Upadhyay

Thank you @mshenhav for your reply.. i was really looking forward for someone's reply 🙂

Sorry but got couple more question hope you don't mind..

As you mention that "We are currently considering better layout for tablets in portait." so does it mean there is no Portait view in Andriod Tablet Power BI app and iPad(tablet) Power BI app.

Can you please help me understand what are the common differences in Phone layout which is shown in Power BI Andriod/IOS phone and Andriod (tablets) and Ipad, means any significant difference.

"We are investigating the option to increase the canvas length to allow more visuals in the mobile page. Again, voting for this ask will help to prioritize it"

What is the official say of Power BI Team what is the maximum visualisation we can drag in a phone layout canvas.. is it like 20*6 = 120 visual or 2 Page scroll or anything else.

I searched on the documentations of power bi but couldn't find anything on that and it's a common questions from customer i often hear so just wanted to know.

I hope i am making sense, Thank you again for your reply and looking forward for the response. 

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.