Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI geographical filter on mobile app

Hello,

I am preparing a Power BI report that contains geographical information(latitude, longitude, city, etc.). After publishing it in Service, I can filter my data based on City where I am on mobile application, but just based on City.

Can Power BI detect and return latitude and longitude of my exact location? If so, I will want Power BI to filter my data based on my location(for example based on District of City).

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

As document said, current this feature support to use location geographic names as filter.

So if your geographical informations are stored in same table, you can use geographic names fields as filter to indirectly filter your visuals which created based on 'latitude and longitude' fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

According to document, it seems like power bi mobile app not support to use 'latitude and longitude' info as filter.

Reference link:

Filter a report by geographic location in the Power BI mobile apps

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-shex-msft,

Probably you are right. So, can i do it by PowerApps? Do you have any idea? 

Best regards.

Hi @Anonymous,

As document said, current this feature support to use location geographic names as filter.

So if your geographical informations are stored in same table, you can use geographic names fields as filter to indirectly filter your visuals which created based on 'latitude and longitude' fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.