Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ellbe
Employee
Employee

Power BI for Android tablet (preview) - feedback

Hi All - 

This thread was created to gather feedback and communicate over the new Android tablet app.

Ask questions, suggest features, or leave general feedback. We will monitor closely.

Thanks,

Ella Ben-Tov

Program Manager, Power BI for Mobile and Devices

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I uninstalled the App and reinstalled and now it is asking for a password. All working well. Can sign in and looks great. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Hi,

Please use this article that should help you troubleshoot the issue:

https://pbiwebprod-docs.azurewebsites.net/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-android-could-not-sign-...

All the best,

Yitzhak

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
waqar
Helper I
Helper I

I am using lenovo k 500 plus, facing attahced popup mesg while access dashboard and reports in mobile app.

error

REGARDS...

WAQAR

Thanks for reaching out! We are unable to see the message, can you please share it again?

Power BI App.jpg

Hi,

Please use this article that should help you troubleshoot the issue:

https://pbiwebprod-docs.azurewebsites.net/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-android-could-not-sign-...

All the best,

Yitzhak

Thanks a lot, Issue solved.

Regards....waqar

I'm using a Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) and its also showing the same error message.

“Could not authenticate because your corporate SSL certificate is untrusted by this device. Please contact your company IT admin.”

Tried the advice given by the link below and nothing seems to work.

IT admin does not support personal mobile devices even though the app is linked to my office email account.

Can anyone help?

Does your company's sign in page uses an SSL certificate which is not signed in by an official certificate authority?

You can test if this is the case by accessing https://www.digicert.com/help/ and filling in the address of your company's sign in page

Dear DBahat, thank you for the tip......

I've forwarded to our IT team and they may have found the problem, which is due to an untrusted SSL certificate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Lenovo Yoga Tab Pro 3 and it's really fun and easy to browse the Power BI app on this device! No problem displaying both dashboards and reports so far.

- Kristoffer

edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

No issues found with the app in my table yet. It works really good memory in your device will be a plus for the app.

Regards!

elliotdixon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi. Very excited about this but unfortunatley not working for me this morning.

The documentation does not work - just getting a blank page.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-android-tablet-app-get-started/

Also there is no requirement for a password on the app. Just asks for a username. Thus login fails. Does the user have to be approved somewhere else in BI?

Get the error.

"We couldn't sign you in

Could not authenticate because your corporate SSL certificate is untrusted by this device. Please contact your company IT admin. "

Shouldn't I have to put the password in?

Really looking forward to using this

Cheers

Sorry for that, please contact mpbisup@microsoft.com so we can continue the investigation of the authentication issue.

Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Email sent, thanks

To me it seems more like something wrong with the app. Shouldn't it ask for a password when signing in?!

Or does the android device have to be somehow authorised with my corporate network?

You might be right but perhaps try the sign in on word using an office 365 or a Microsoft account ( eg outlook.Com) and see if you experience similar issues

I uninstalled the App and reinstalled and now it is asking for a password. All working well. Can sign in and looks great. Smiley Happy

That sounds exactly like a big I'm currently experiencing with all office apps on my android phone. You can test this by trying to install and authenticate word, one note, excel. If they fail in the same way, the problem is something between the android devicee, the security certificates certificates and possibly something disagreeable between the latest android security updates and Microsoft's authentication process. I'm about to factory reset my phone to see if that will fix it. Microsoft have been trying to diagnose through fiddler etc but no luck. I can sign in on other devices, but am getting the error you describe on my phone. Hope that helps...
giorgiokatr
Helper V
Helper V

we have started building our reports for our company. I see that core filters are available in reports in android tablet app. Was wondering if those filters are going to be available in mobile app  too in order to avoid having slicers in reports.

Thanks for your feedback!

We are looking into adding more features to the phone reports, and will definitly take that into account.

Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Going to charge tablet on shelf now!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.