Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

JimVernonDC

Power BI for Android only connects to PBIRS the first time the app is set up

I'm working on trying to get the Power BI Android app working with our internal PBIRS server through an ADFS WAP server using these instructions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-oauth-ssrs

I have kind of succeeded...except it only works the first time I set up the app on the phone. If I close and re-open the app, it doesn't remember the previously entered server information and I have to re-enter it again. When I click Connect to Server, I get this error message: "We couldn't sign you in There was a problem authenticating your account. Please try again, or contact support." The only way to get around it is to clear the data on the app and set things up again...but it still only works once.

I did some fiddling in Fiddler and things work like expected the first time the app is set up:

JimVernonDC_1-1654735312640.png

This all I get when I re-open the app and re-enter the server info and try to connect:

JimVernonDC_0-1654735077886.png

Just a single GET request to /reports, which fails with a 401.

I've tried this on two different phones now, and the exact same thing happens on both. Anyone have any ideas about what else to try? Is this possibly a bug?

2 REPLIES 2
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @JimVernonDC ,

Can you please contact us at Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>? 

We will try to help with investigating the probelm.

In your mail please specify the issue, and add your app version and report server you're using.

Thanks Maya

Email sent. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.