Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BISability

Power BI for Android Tablets - Not Compatible

I am new to Power BI. It appears that Power BI is only available for Android phones and not for Android tablets. I have very recent Samsung phone and tablet and Power BI downloads for phone OK, but for tablet it says "Your device isnot compatible with this version." It also says "Designed for phones". Is there an Android tablet version of Power BI that is available?

Illuminating the auspicious path ahead for mission-based business leaders
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
metaran
Employee
Employee

At this time Power BI for Android is available only for Android phones.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've gotten it to work fine on my samsung tab 2 by downloading the apk directly and sideloading it.

it's probably not a supported scenario, so you can google up how to do these two steps on your own 🙂

-sff

getatedwards
getatedwards
UOLouis

Do we know of an ETA for the android tablet version of Power BI? We love the package but it cant be utilised across our business until the release is made!

Is it possible, that  ms dont publish Power Bi Android app for tablets? In our firm we have many samsung tablets . On phones and ios tabs work's perfect. When  can we get App for andro tabs?

@UOLouis wrote:

Do we know of an ETA for the android tablet version of Power BI? We love the package but it cant be utilised across our business until the release is made!

metaran
Employee
Employee

At this time Power BI for Android is available only for Android phones.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I am guessing that similar to the iOS situation, there will be two mobile apps for Android - one for phones and one for tablets.  The phone iOS app only shows dashboards and tiles (no reports) but on an iPad, you can get to reports using the tablet version of the Power BI app for iOS.

So, and this is just a guess, I would expect that an Android Power BI for tablets will also be available and it will also allow users access reports as well as dashboards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors