Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI doesn't work correctly in iPad

Hi,

A lot of our iPad users cannot see correctly the reports. The reports appear "cutted" from the middle os the screet until top of iPad.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
tedb
Frequent Visitor

@mshenhav

We are seeing issues with our Android Lollipop tablets as well.  It seems to be related to screen DPI - lower DPI screens have the top of the reports cut off (both in app and in browser).  On my development Android emulator (AMIDUOS), I am able to fake the device DPI setting and the reports display properly at higher DPI.  At our users' native device level (189 DPI), the reports are cut off.  Will the fix be applied to Android tablets as well?  We have a high volume of report users with these tablets that have no option to upgrade to a newer version of the OS.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hello @Anonymous,

Can  you please send us more details to our support mail - mpbisup@microsoft.com

we will need:

1) device OS version

2) app version

3) screen capture of the issues you're having

Thanks Maya

Hello

We have the same problem on many ipads since monday. 

One exemple :

> iOS 10.3.3

> App version 16.6

Thanks

Vincent HERIBEL

Capt.jpg

Hey @vinherib,

Thanks for reporting on this.

We have identified the issue and we are working on a fix. 

The issue only happens on iOS 10, so another solution could be upgrading your iPad to iOS 11.

Regards, Maya

Hi Maya

Do you know when the fix could be available ? 

Thanks

Hi
The service team is working on a fix.
It should take up to one week until we can port it to all our customers.
No need to update the application.
The fix should be on place by early next week.
The current workaround is to upgrade to iOS 11 or 12

Thanks
Yariv

Not only with iOS version 10 (which worked well with 10.3.3 until the last update of the app), my iPhone has iOS version 11.4.1 installed and does exactly the same (with the app and with Safari)

Hey @strabalon,

Can you please send us (mpbisup@microsoft.com) screen capture from your iOS11 with the same issue?

please include, the extact app version and OS version in your mail.

Thanks, Maya

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and, currently, I only have this problem with iOS 10.3.3 (both with the App and with Safari)

Hey All,

The fix for this problem was release to production today.

There is no need to to update the app (this is a service side fix).

If you still having issues, please contact us to our support mail: mpbisup@microsoft.com

Thank you,

Maya

Thanks for your report

Our Power BI service team is working on a fix, that will be available to all our customers by October 1st 

Thanks

Yariv

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors