Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trevor
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Phone Layout - Landscape

I have a visualisation that is best viewed in landscape and I want to optimise the report for phone viewing by only including some visualisations.  It appears that I can't do this.  If the phone is tilted to landscape then Power BI ignores the phone layout and displays the unoptimised view according to the instrucitons. If I want phone layout it has to be portrait - is that right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi @trevor,

Phone Layout is defined per report page and to for the whole report. for your scenario you can create one page that is optimized and one that is not.  The optimize page will display only in portrait on your phone and the non-optimized page will show only in landscape.  When opening the non optimized page you will get the image below. Hope that helps.

LandscapeNonOpt.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi @trevor,

Phone Layout is defined per report page and to for the whole report. for your scenario you can create one page that is optimized and one that is not.  The optimize page will display only in portrait on your phone and the non-optimized page will show only in landscape.  When opening the non optimized page you will get the image below. Hope that helps.

LandscapeNonOpt.png

I, too am trying to see a visualization in portrait mode. I can't seem to find where to set this, or an "optimize" menu option. Where exactly is this set please?

Dave B

Hey @daveb7114 , @trevor 

Please review this article that covers how to create phone optimze layout.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-phone-report

Thanks. Maya

Sadly it appears that you just can't have a phone optimised view as landscape. The solution appears to be to have a completely different report for the phone in my case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors