Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jenny_Sommet

Power BI Online app - overwrite existing dataset

Hello,

I have a MAC so cannot use Power BI desktop, therefore I am limited as to what I can do in Power BI online App.

Does anyone know of a way to overwrite an exisiting dataset in the online version? I entered data via: Create / Paste or manually enter data, however I cannot seem to find a way to update the exisiting data with up to date data.

Thanks

Jenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jenny_Sommet ,

We cannot change data source in power bi service/power bi mobile app. We can change it in power bi desktop and then republish to power bi service.

This is the article about changing your existing data source.

The article lists the methods in two cases. Depending on the type of data source you want to replace – you can use one of the below approaches.
1.Replace data source using the same connector
2.Use different data source connector – as data sources are completely different.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jenny_Sommet ,

We cannot change data source in power bi service/power bi mobile app. We can change it in power bi desktop and then republish to power bi service.

This is the article about changing your existing data source.

The article lists the methods in two cases. Depending on the type of data source you want to replace – you can use one of the below approaches.
1.Replace data source using the same connector
2.Use different data source connector – as data sources are completely different.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors