Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSvend
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Mobile Slideshow Play button is not possible to activate.

Hi, 
I have used the Slideshow functionality in Power BI Mobile for a while, and this has been great. 
Today I tried to refresh my reports, but when I now opens my reports in Presentation Mode the button "Play" is greyed out and it is not possible to activate the slideshow functionality. 
Have other experienced this? 
Thanks for help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @MSvend ,

The play button is grayed out only when the app failed to load the report (should be temporary error). Refreshing the report should fix it. 

Can you please try to refresh? If it does not solve the problem please report back.

Thanks, Maya

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @MSvend ,

The play button is grayed out only when the app failed to load the report (should be temporary error). Refreshing the report should fix it. 

Can you please try to refresh? If it does not solve the problem please report back.

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experience the same problem all of a sudden.  I have tried refeshing the report as suggested and re-installing the app on that PC but I still can't get the Play button to activate.  All of the other navigation buttons at the bottom work fine still.  9 other PC's are running the same app and the play button works fine for them.

Hi @Anonymous 

If you open the presentation mode pages pane, are the report pages visible? is the current page marked as selected?
Does this happen with any report?

Thanks,

Shaked

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 9 reports within my App.  Most of these reports have multiple tabs / pages.  When I click on any of the reports within the App, I can see my report and the tabs/pages within it.  I can click on each tab and view the associated information.  When I enter full screen mode, the report I was viewing is visible and can be manually refreshed but the play button is disabled and the page button does not contain any of the other pages in the report.  I have some reports that only have one tab/page and the play button is disabled for those reports as well.  This was isolated to one PC yesterday but now it seems to be happening with every other PC I am trying to display reports from.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your detailed response.

I investigated the issue and may have identified the cause. It would be helpful if you could let me know if the reports are on ssrs or power bi service

Thanks,

Shaked

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are on power bi service through a power bi gateway server

Thanks!
Kevin

A version which should fix the problem is expected to be released to the store next week.
If the issue persists after you update the app, please let us know.

Thanks,

Shaked

Hi, 
The refresh option did not work.

I uninstalled the app and installed it again - and then it works. 

Thanks for help anyways 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors