Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cristianmartin
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Mobile App download and install

Hi,

Is there any way to download and install Power BI Mobile App other than from Microsoft Store? Access to MS is blocked in my Company, and I need it for a SlideShow.

Regards,

8 REPLIES 8
ThePBIMaster
Advocate II
Advocate II

@cristianmartin @michaelwc 

I've just come across this problem and after lots of googling, I discovered that it apparently is possible to distribute the app using your company's 'private store':

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-store/distribute-apps-from-your-private-store

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-store/assign-apps-to-employees

However, this process is being superseeded by a new method using Microsoft Intune described here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/windows-store-for-business

You should be able to either make the app available for download, assign it to users or users can request it using one of these methods.

Hope this helps someone!

michaelwc

has anyone get a solution to this problem?? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue... Is there anyway to download, without using the Microsoft Store.  Client is blocking and I am not able to download.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @cristianmartin ,

For Android/IOS version, you can use applications to extract pack and copy to your device.
For UWP version, I haven't found a method to export offline install packages. Maybe you can contact to power bi mobile team for a offline version to install.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Xiaoxin.

How can I contact to Power BI Mobile Team?

Regards,

Hey @cristianmartin ,

We publish Power BI app for windows only thru the Windows store.

There are admin tools (like System Center) that provide organization store, which replace the role of public store.

If you need one time download, you can search the web to learn how to do so. But notice that with this approach you will not get app updates (we usually release update every 2-4 weeks).

Maya

Hi,

As I said, we don't have Microsoft Store (or other Organizational Store) in our computers, but we need power bi mobile app for a slideshow.

"If you need one time download, you can search the web to learn how to do so". I've done it, but unsuccessfully, I haven't found any info about downloading apps outside the Store, if you have it, please share it.

Regards,

Hi again, can you explain how to get a one time download?

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors