Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Mobile App + MFA

Hi all,
We have two questions to do:
We have a SSRS using Active Directory authentication. This Dashboard is accessible to the user from web explorer and Power BI App Mobile, there is no problem to use with this uses. Recently we have added MFA using Azure App Proxy, when a user realizes a request is mandatory double authentication before in MFA and after in the server, there is no problem using MFA with web explorer but doesn't run with Power BI App Mobile. First Question, Do you know if exists any way to use MFA with Power BI App Mobile?.
To continue serving requests from users to Dashboard through Power BI App Mobile We have added a new URL and a new IP in the server to access Dashboard without MFA. The problem now is that all users can access to Dashboard through this new Url avoiding MFA. This is the second question:
is there any way to control that this Url only be used from Power BI App Mobile? any configuration in SSRS or Web Service associated?

Thanks for your answer.

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous 

You can use MFA with Power BI Mobile and SSRS - see this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-oauth-ssrs#multi-factor-authentication

In addition, we are working on integration with AAD App Proxy. Please stay tuned to future communications. We will be announcing it soon.

Thanks, Maya

I just reviewed latest updates and first one was, Azure Active Directory (AD) Application proxy enablement!!!!!

I tried to connect to with our usual https://*****.com/Reports/ URL from my android device and initially, it lets me pass first step of registration. Appeared a Microsoft login page, where I provided my credentials.

But finally, it failed with the following error: "AADSTS50011: The reply url specified in the request does not match the reply urls configured for the application: ....."

However, via web browser, it works fine.

hi @ismaelgonzalez,

Please see here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/application-proxy-integrate-with... 

make sure you follow all steps and configure proper redirect URIs (for Android)

Ori 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, current mobile app still not support MFA. You can submit/vote similar ideas to idea forum. 

In addition, you can also take a look at following link about use oauth and ADFS to connect to report server.

Using OAuth to connect to Power BI Report Server and SSRS

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your answer, with it I can leave the first way, use Power BI App with MFA.

The problem is that I'm using MFA in my SSRS web app and I have to do it, it's mandatory by company. With this situation,

would it be possible to access from Power BI App to Dashboard bypassing MFA only from Mobile devices?

Maybe using a second URL and custom authentication in SSRS or using any configuration in SSRS web services that are being used from Power BI App? If users access by web explorer have to log in using MFA + AD. 

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors