Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Dropdown Slicer Doesn't Show Entire List While Scrolling in Mobile iOS

Not sure if this issue has always existed, but an end user brought this to my attention.

I have built a Power BI report with a few dropdown slicers to filter the report. I have also optimized this report for mobile viewing using the "View" > "Mobile layout" feature in Power BI desktop. Our end users all have company issued iPhones. 

The issue we are all having is when viewing the report on our iPhones in both the optimized portrait view or the original landscape view, we have a slicer that has many options and we have noticed the entire list DOES NOT load when scrolling through it (on our phones). Any other slicer that only has a small handfull of options to choose from load just fine because they all fit on the expanded dropdown screen.  

At first, I thought it may have a record limit, but I cleared some of the other filters so that I get even more results. I end up seeing more options to choose from, but just not the entire list. It seems to consistently load around 90% of the list regardless if that list has 20 options or 2000 options.

I have, however, been able to see the entire dropdown list by scrolling on both Power BI Desktop & Power BI Service. Our end users have asked for this specific report to be optimized on their iPhones, but this is a pretty big hangup. 

Does anyone have any knowledge of this or workarounds? I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch, but like I said, I don't know if this has always been an issue.

Capture2.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous,

We have found the issue and a fix will be publish by the end Oct. 

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Maya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous,

We have found the issue and a fix will be publish by the end Oct. 

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Maya

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Can it be that you are using Power BI Report Server? This bug was fixed a while ago, and deplyed to the online service. It might not arrived to the on-prem version yet.

If you are using Power BI online service, then we will need a sample report that has a reproduction of the issue to better understand your case. Can you please share one with us Power BI Mobile Support mail -  <mpbisup@microsoft.com>?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav,

Initially, I was not able to replicate the problem with a simple dataset (50 US States), but I have figured out where the problem is and how to temporarily correct the issue.

We do not use Power BI Report Server, but we do use the Power BI Online Service as all of our users have Pro licenses. I will share a copy of the sample report to the email provided, but also wanted to provide an answer for anyone else that comes across this issue.

Quick recap:

The issue at hand is when viewing a Power BI report on a mobile device (iPhones in our case), the dropdown slicer was only showing around 90% of the items in the list IF the list was large enough to have to scroll through. It didn't matter if there were 20 or 2,000 items, only 90%-ish would load. 

Solution:

The issue seems to be the font size of the items in the list. I have not gone through and tested other Font Families or Text Size, but I do know using Segoe UI with a text size of 8 pt will replicate the problem on our iPhones using the Power BI app. If I change the text size back to the default of 10 pt, then the entire dropdown list loads properly.

Example from iPhone:

Capture2.PNG   

Best regards,

Chris

Hi @Anonymous 

We are debugging the issue and we will provide more details next week.

Thanks,

Michal

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

<tongue firmly in cheek>  Add a couple more options to the end of your dropdown...

You can raise this as an issue. If you feel that it is critical and you have a Pro license you can raise a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors