Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

curtisp
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Dashboard has very wide margins on Android device - can margins be decreased?

My Power BI Dashboard has very wide margins - can margins be decreased?

This is specifically question about the size of margins viewing Power BI report on Android device but the margins are wide and appear to be fixed on Desktop, Online Service and Mobile.

I set the report to 'fit width', and also tried 'fit to actual' size but neither got rid of these huge margins which are eclipsing valuable screen real estate.

This is a screenshot of the dashboard on Android Mobile Power BI app on a Note 4 phone.

widemargin.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
yitzhak
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reporting we are checking the issue, i have reported this to the product team.

All the best,

Yitzhak

Hi yitzhak, great thanks.

More specifically this occurs when pinning a report with multiple charts to a dashboard. 

When pinning a single chart in this report to a dashboard, the margins are not wide, in fact the pinned report fills the dashboard space. 

So for anyone else interested in creating a dashboard without the super wide margins, you will have to pin your charts one by one to the dashboard in order to have them fill out width.

pin to dashboard.png

I have filed a defect to the product team will update once resolved.

Hi,

Have you tried this on the latest version? do you still see this?

All the best,

Yitzhak

Doesn't look like any change. I just tried pinnning a report, with multiple charts,  to a dashboard. The large margins still exist when viewed on mobile app.

Something I didn't try before that made the margins a bit less wide was removing the report title. But they were still far too wide, taking up valuable screen space.

The  advice to pin charts individually to dashboard still stands as best way to avoid having large margins on Android mobile app.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you please send us an email to mpbisup@microsoft.com so we can follow up with you directly to pinpoint the issue?

Thanks,

- Ron

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors