Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mx500
Regular Visitor

Power BI 13.2 for IOS drain the battery?

Did anyone notice a battery drop after the last update? All my team has this problem and I want to figure out if it's a Power BI problem. We're using iPhone 6S with IOS version 10.3.2

Thank you for support

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mx500,

I haven't found any power save functions or save power mode in power bi mobile, perhaps you can post an ideas for this requirement.

In addition, you can also contact to mobile team to get further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft  thank you for your advice.

I'm doing some tests with a part of the team by uninstalling the Power  BI application from iPhone and it seems the problem is not fixed.

Thanks

Hi.

I'm Erez, a Power BI for iOS engineer.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

To get better understanding of the problem, please state the main workflow you do in the app.

Also, do you have many app workspaces, apps or favorites for apps or dashboards?

Are you using the integrated scanner for QRs or Barcodes? Are you using location based filters in your reports (that require the GPS antenna)?

Please also attach a screenshot (if possible) of the battery page within the settings app.

There, you can see the amount of battery consumpted by the Power BI app.

Use the following link for more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201264

Thank you for reporting the problem.

Hi Erez,

thank you for reply,

As I wrote in the previous post, I did uninstall Power Bi iOS at half the team for two days and did not notice a substantial improvement in battery life. I think the problem is not Power BI, but I did test on my iPhone: you can see two screenshots of the battery page, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The screenshot of the morning h 7:54 shows the iPhone after the standby all night and you can see the consumption without ever opening the screen. The screenshot of the afternoon h 17:30, of course, I used Power Bi to view the data.

No GPS, No QRs or Barcode

I think the main problem may be "MAIL",

Screenshot afternoon .PNGScreenshot morning.PNG

It looks like the problem is with Mail.

However, could you make the clock button active (like the left screenshot) and send the mail again after the whole night so I can see how many minutes were spent by Power BI?

Also, it seems like Power BI used when the cellular/Wifi signal was low, which can also affect battery consumption.

As regarding to Mail, I would suggest checking the frequency of fetching data for Mail: go to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Fetch New Data 

and see below if the fetch frequency is not set to an item too frequent.

Hi Erez,

here it is,  are not excessive  consumptions by Power BI,  thank you

IMG_0521.PNG

No problem.

Thank you for reporting your concern.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors