Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DanielLinda
Helper IV
Helper IV

Phone Layout Doesn't Show Visuals

Hi All,

I tried to change my report into phone layout.

When I click Phone layout button however, some of my visuals just show white on the visual pane.

After I drag and drop one by one into phone layout view, the visual is revealed what it was in Desktop view.

Why the visuals look just white... is it just bug something...?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @DanielLinda ,

This experience will be updated shortly (Power BI desktop June release).

This update will fix this issue, in addition to many more improvements.

stay tuned, Maya

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanielLinda - If I understood your query correctly, the moment you switch to phone layout for the first time in PowerBI desktop the visualization pane is blank and only you need to drop one by one into the pane to reveal the visuals. If this is your question, then Power BI by default will not have anything on Phone layout for the first time to allow the user design the phone layout in order to customize to fit to the screen, adjust the sizings, rearrange the visuals if needed etc.,. and IT IS NOT A BUG.

BR,

- Pavan M.

I'm sorry, I should have uploaded the capture image for my problem together.

As below, some of my visuals are just white in VISUALIZATIONS tab in mobile layout.

Only when I drag and drop the white visual into mobile view, I can see the visual.

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanielLinda - yes, few of the visuals will be blank on the "Visualizations" tab in Mobile Layout like if you have "IMAGES" then they will show as Blank unless you pull into the grid.

I'm not sure the reason behind this but you can have this as an IDEA posted onto community - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

BR,

- Pavan M.

It sounds sad that image is shown in white in mobile layout...

Plus, if some of my visuals like card or slicer are white, then they are shown in just white in mobile layout...?

If so, I must not use white visual for mobile layout...

Hey @DanielLinda ,

This experience will be updated shortly (Power BI desktop June release).

This update will fix this issue, in addition to many more improvements.

stay tuned, Maya

Hello,

Is this already fixed? I'm experiencing the same issue wiht the latest version of the android app.

Thanks

Hey @carlosolivas ,

The issue above was related to visual appearnace in Power BI Desktop when creating mobile layout, and was solved a while ago.

I believe that the issue you're experiencing is different. Can you please provide mode details and also screencapture from the app?

Thanks, Maya

Hello @mshenhav ,

I have this report in Power BI Desktop, it display OK in Power BI service in both desktop and mobile app.

carlosolivas_1-1620240314115.png

But if I add a mobile layout in Power BI desktop, like this:

carlosolivas_2-1620240446359.png

I shows blank in mobile app (android):

carlosolivas_3-1620240629318.png

The visuals are there, but they show blanks.

Thanks!

Carlos

Thanks @carlosolivas for the screen captures. 

Few more questions:

1) When viewing from the same Android app the landscape version of the report, you are able to view all visuals, right?

2) Does the issue happen on other Android devices?

3) When Android phone do you use?

Can you please share with us the PBIX file (please use this email: mpbisup@microsoft.com) for additional investigation? 

Thanks, Maya

Thanks for the response @mshenhav ,

1) I can't see any visuals in landscape either, the only way I can see them is if all visuals are removed from mobile layout (landscape, desktop like view).

2) I tried with a Moto e5 with Android 8 and it worked OK.

3) I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20FE with Android 11

Update: I tried in a Samsung Galaxy S10 and got the same issue...

Hello,

I have tried with another 2 Samsung phones and had the same issue...

Thanks @carlosolivas ,

We are looking into this. 

One last question - are you using Power BI service or Report server/SSRS?

Maya

I'm using Power BI Service

Thanks

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielLinda,

What type of visuals display blank on your phone layout? Custom visual or general visuals? In addition, did this scenario only appears on specific visuals? Please share more detailed information to help us clarify and reproduce your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors