Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Reports not rendering in Power BI mobile apps (Android & iOS)

Recently we purchased Premium Capacity in order to deliver, amongst other content, Paginated Reports to end-users in the Portal and mobile apps.

After modifying the RDL files (Shared Datasources are not supported) the reports render fine in the Portal.

However, in the Power BI mobile apps the loading takes indefinetly and keeps on showing rotating circles. I tested is in the mobile app for iOS (v19.7) and Android (v219378). I used an iPad (iOS 13.1.3) and Android (version 9)

Furthermore, reports with and without parameters show the Loading... dialogue window.

I am able to navigate to the Power BI portal using Chrome on the devices and load the reports (quickly within 1 second).

What could be causing these long loading times?

How can I access the log files from the mobile app to investigate further?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some trial and error, I found out that the Power BI mobile app does not support the RDL Language tags.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
mbrandalise
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys, how are you doing ?

I did a simple report using Power BI Report Builder, with only 3 parameters and the results were:

• [OK] I have published in the correct Workspace (wich I already have enabled Premium Capacity)
  • [OK] I have accessed via browser and it worked perfectly (https://app.powerbi.com/)
  • [NOT OK] I have accessed via Power BI APP (IOS and Android) and tried to run, but see the attached error

soon_as_a_hit_to_generate_the_report.JPG

It seems that when I use parameters within the QUERIES, POWER BI APP cannot manage it. If I remove from the QUERY, POWER BI APP runs perfectly.

And again, via browser it WORKS perfectly with parameters. (https://app.powerbi.com/)

The Parameters:

@IniDate Date/Time

@EndDate Date/Time

@CustomerName Text

The Query:

SELECT T0.[CardName], SUM(T0.[DocTotal]) AS 'Total' FROM XXXX T0 WHERE T0.[DocDate] BETWEEN convert(datetime, @IniDate, 103) and convert(datetime, @EndDate, 103) and T0.[CardName] IN (@CustomerName) Group By T0.[CardName], T0.[DocTotal] Order By Total

Versions:

Power BI Report Builder v15.0.1517.0
IOS v13.3.1 - Power BI APP 20.4 
Android v9 - Power BI APP 2.2.200410.2114582

I saw some comments regarding RDL tags, but I can't see in my report this tags. 

Does anybody knows the latest status of this issue ?

@mshenhav and @Anonymous 

Thank you so much !

Hey @mbrandalise ,

Can you pleae check if your report has language tag? Language tags are currently not supported.

If not, we will need the RDL file for additional investigation. Can you please share it with us on mpbisup@microsoft.com?

Please also provide: App version, device type and any additiona info that you find relevant.

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 3 months of replying with various Microsoft support staff employees I gave up on troubleshooting this error.

Be sure to make a new topic in this forum so that your issue gets highlighted.

Furthermore, file a support ticket with Microsoft Support (https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#/support/requests). In my experience the level of support varies, however the response times are quick.

Good luck with finding a resolution.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Where are your datasource hosted? What type of network your mobile devices test? (mobile network or WIFI) Did this issue only appear on a specific device? (customize on mobile device system software and environment)

In addition, if this issue only appears on Power bi mobile app side, you can consider contacting the mobile team to confirm if this related to backend verifies or credentials authorization.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft thank you for your reply.

Datasource is hosted in on-premise SQL Server. The connection is done via a Data Gateway.

Tests have been carried out on mobile network as well as (the corporate) WIFI. The issue seems to be occuring on all devices with the Power BI mobile app.

How can I reach out to the mobile team?

Hey @Anonymous ,

Can you please contact us using this mail mpbisup@microsoft.com?

Please provide app version, device type and model and description of the proble, you are facing?

Thanks, Maya

We have the same issue. RDL works fine in the portal but in de Power BI mobile app the loading takes indefinetly and keeps on showing rotating circles. We also have Premium Capacity.

Our Datasource is Azure DB and Azure Analysis Services and we tested on various devices on wifi and mobile network.

Hey @leonspil ,

Can you please open a ticket (https://icm.ad.msft.net/imp/v3/support/home) for the RDL team to investigate your issue?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

After some trial and error, I found out that the Power BI mobile app does not support the RDL Language tags.

Thanx @Anonymous !

I removed the language tags and now my report works in the App.

Hopefully Microsoft will fix this soon, so we can use the language setting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the second part of my question I saw a change in the mobile app when a report is not correctly loading.

Error_PowerBI_App.PNG

When the app gives an error, it displays some information. Now we can give the Power BI support team the required info more easily. 😊

Hey @Anonymous,

Please use this email (mpbisup@microsoft.com) to contact us. Please share the extact issue, app version and device you are using.

🙂

Thanks,

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maya. Thanks for reaching out. There is already a call with the Microsoft Support team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors