Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hank_
Helper I
Helper I

Page size on App is not as on web, and other aspect ratio issues.

Hello everybody!

First of all I'd like to say that I am enthusiast about the app, and I also gave feedback on bugs one year ago when I was trying to develop for mobile purpose.

Today I changed page size on a report to fit the new company smarpthones which have 20:9 aspect ratio.

I set 1280 * 576 pixels, and because of the top bar which just shows the report name... I have less space in height. So I started to cut the height and I had always the scroll bar on the report in the app, even if the page was fitting the 20:9 screen.

I went down to 1280 * 500 and then I noticed that on mobile I had always the scroll bar, and on the desktop and web view I had the page correctly cropped (also the bottom graph was cropped).

Does anybody experience this issue? I've tied on 4 mobiles (Samsung and Sony) and I have the scroll bar even if don't needed. It annoys me because it seems that I have no clue how to set the page size 🙂

Can we set a dynamic page size in order to fit all the screens?

The three most common devices (laptops, iPads, Samsungs...) have 3 very different aspect ratio: 4*3, 16*9, 20*9.

I'm wondering also why, in page size, Microsoft give us the possibility to choose size between pixels and.... pixels? When there will be percentage added?

Is there any workaround?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Hank_
Helper I
Helper I

Hi guys!

Anybody noticed this behaviour or can repdoruce it? 

And is there a way to have a dynamic screen ratio?

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hank_ ,

After the report is created, select the View ribbon and choose Mobile layout, then add visuals to the mobile layout canvas.

Screenshot 2021-04-07 111344.png

refer if these can provide you a direction

https://radacad.com/power-bi-design-tip-design-for-mobile-device

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-create-phone-report

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-stephen-msft . Thanks for the links, I appreciate them.

I know about portrait mobile view: I'd like to use the landscape. For 2 reasons: don't change the visuals for the "consumers", and because we use a lot of landscape horizontal graphs.

Did you noticed the behaviour I have described? I think is a kind of bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors