Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GuestUser
Helper V
Helper V

Not able to open power bi report server

Hi

Not able to open power bi report server from mobile app
I am able to open the link from browser but not through mobile app
Error : Can't connect to server. Please verify the report server address and try again
Mobile : Android
6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @GuestUser,

Can you view the report server from mobile web browsers? I'd like to suggest you try it to confirm if your server is available to remote access from your mobile device.
In addition, what type of connection are you test? IP address or server name? AFAIK, some of the devices only work with one of their connections mode.
BTW, If your account based on OAuth authorization, please take a look at the following document to know more about use OAuth to connect to the report server.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Yes, If I type the ReportServer URL on mobile Chrome browser.. I can see the login page

But I am Not able to see the login page when i connect from Mobile App

I tried from IPhone...and I can pass the first step and can see the login page and reports created (but none of the reports open..it shows searching icon only)

BUt from Android phone...I am not able to get Login Page Only

Just FYI : we have used Custom authentiation (using the Git Hub Code) and Login Page we have created

Hey @GuestUser ,

Power BI Mobile apps do not support custom auth. This explains the error you are receiving.

Thanks, Maya

But  it was working few months back

Now when we tried to check, it is not working , it is not even goining to the login page for us to enter the credentials

Hey @GuestUser,

Please contact us directly (mpbisup@microsoft.com ) for additional investigation.

Thanks Maya

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @GuestUser ,

Can you please contact us (mpbisup@microsoft.com) with more details?

App version, Report Server version, Server URL you are using.

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors