Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Usage Metric Report - Mobile App is not capturing individual page view

Hi,

I recently found that the individual pages of the report when accessed via mobile phone is not being capture in the New Usage metric report and it is showing as blank. (see image below) for our users those who just use Power BI Mobile app to view report their page views are missing. 

It seems to capture in the old version of the usage metrics report but not in the new version. Also if you can extend the new usage metrics to 90 days cause 30 days usage is not good enough.

Can you please look into this? thank you.

AbhishekH_0-1622193310321.png

Cheers,

Abhishek

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mshenhav thank you for sharing the link related to documentation. As I mentioned in my main post, the data is being captured for mobile usage (screenshot below) just not showing up, in the new usage metrics report.

AbhishekH_0-1622802168788.png

@v-jingzhang  Thank you for checking this for me.

Hey @Anonymous ,

There are 2 chanels in which usage telemety flows into the system. Please contact us at mpbisup@microsoft.com and we will investigate if both are open and sending the expected telemetry.

Thanks, Maya

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Can you please have a look at this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metrics#considerations-and-limitations and make sure that you understand consideration and limitation that effect usage metrics collection and calculation?

It might be that your app does not send telemetry, or that telemetry is blocked on a device or network level.

Maya

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

For the requirement to extend the time range for usage metrics reports, you could vote for the following ideas:

Microsoft Idea  · Maintain dashboard/report usage metrics data for >90 days

Microsoft Idea  · Usage Metrics Reports time range

Microsoft Idea  · Extending the Historical Data Retention for V2 New Workspace Power BI

For the mobile access views not captured issue, I will do some test to check it. Thank you for providing this information.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors