Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Update of Power BI not loading reports

Hi,

Has anyone else also been having problems with the new update of Power BI Version 2134190 on android devices?

None of the reports will load, after opening a report it refreshes for a second and then a pop up appears "an error has occured"

If I run the reports in sql server mobile report builder they work fine as well as on the older version of Power Bi.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-stephen-msft,

We have tested the above on multiple andriod devices.

Devices which ran the previous version of Power BI worked fine, but when updated to the new version of 2134190 they have started experiencing the issue.

They all log on to SSRS to access the Power BI Reports.

Thanks.

hi @Anonymous ,

can you please contact us at:

mpbisup@microsoft.com

thanks,

Ori

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-stephen-msft,

Please can you advise which version of reporting services are you using as well?

I am currently running Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 14.0.600.1669 (SQL Server 2017).

Using a Samsung Note 20 running version 2134190 of the Power BI app and still experience the same issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the same still occurs.

I can connect to the Server Instance, however when I run any Power BI Reports, it opens up and a second or 2 later a prompt stating an error has occured and the report keeps display the loading circles.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not connected to SSRS, my phone is OnePlus 7PRO, and my Android version is 11. Have you tested it on other phones? For example, open a report on your colleague’s mobile phone.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, Power BI version 2134190 on my phone works well. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Will an error be reported when opening other reports?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @oreduar, I have updated to the latest release and it still does the same on the app 

oreduar
Employee
Employee

hi @Anonymous ,

which version of PBIRS/SSRS are you using?

do you have this issue only when loading Mobile reports? what about Power BI reports?

Ori

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Using SSRS 2017 and only having issues with mobile reports on the power Bi app.

These issues only started after the new andriod update of Power BI

hi @Anonymous ,

see here 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/release-notes-reporting-services?view=sql-server-ver15

are you using the latest release?

if not can you upgrade to the latest release?

Ori

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors