Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Navigate back to start / exit a report

Hi,

this question is about the mobile app in connection with the PBI Report Server, not the Service.

I'm wondering how it is possible to navigate back to the start page where all the reports are shown.

In more detail:

From the start page, I click on a report and the report opens.

Then I navigate from page to page, let's say from page 1 to 3 to 7 to 5 to ...

When I use the built in "back" button on the top left, it will bring me back to all the pages I have visited. And finally it takes me back to the start page (5->7 -> 3-> 1 -> start).

How can I get directly to the start page without having to push the back button several/many times?

Maybe a custom button could help, but I don't find an appropriate action.

In short: how can I exit a report?

Thanks and Regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

I continued this question in the "Report Server" forum, it seems very specific to the Report Server usage.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Exit-from-a-mobile-report/td-p/2110605

So I "close" this thread here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

I continued this question in the "Report Server" forum, it seems very specific to the Report Server usage.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Exit-from-a-mobile-report/td-p/2110605

So I "close" this thread here.

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @v-eqin-msft ,

my question is not how to navigate to a specific page, my question is about leaving a report.

From the report page "Finance Reports" ...

Michael_Mertens_0-1632996745968.png

... I open report "Actual iPad":

Michael_Mertens_1-1632996804441.png

Now I navigate through the pages, that's all ok. But how can I get back to the List of Reports (first Screenshot "Finance Reports")?

The only option I see is the arrow on the top left (marked with a red box). But it will go through all the previously opened pages until it finally exits the report (like a browser "back"). 

And again, the question is about a connection to a PBI Report Server on premises. It seems to behave very differently than connecting to a report in the Service. For example, zooming seems not to be possible.

Another example, I don't see the "down-arrow besides the report name" you mentioned when I connect to a  report server.

Thanks & Regards

Michael

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Michael_Mertens ,

Based on my test, you could click the down-arrow besides the report name or click “Page” option floating in a row of tabs at the bottom of the page to navigate to a specify page.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors