Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tbadu

My Dashboard Title not getting updated on iOS App but reports do get updated.

My Dashboard Title not getting updated on iOS App but reports do get updated.

Please let me know if its a bug in the app

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi,

@bschultz @tbadu @JuliaYebra @SHHargrove @greggyb

Thanks for your input.  The behavior you describe below is what we currently expect from the mobile client – right now there’s no way to trigger a data-source refresh from the mobile app for data that is based on SQL Azure Direct query.

We appreciate this feedback and understand that this experience is not optimal.

We will use this feedback going forward in planning new features for the app.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @RomiK, The update has resolved the issue and dashboards are functionally properly. Thanks for the update!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue on the iOS App as well. The Dashboard just shows blank white tiles. The Report only comes back sometimes as well. If I actually go back into the service on my desktop computer and manually refresh the dashboard it will then show up on my phone, right after I refresh, sometimes. This takes away from the point of mobile if you can't get it without being next to your computer.

Hi @Anonymous

We recently released an update to the store that we believe solved the issue described above.

Please update the app and let us know if this still happens.

Thank you for you support,

Power BI mobile team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @RomiK, The update has resolved the issue and dashboards are functionally properly. Thanks for the update!

@RomiK is it solved also for Android App?

I downloaded the actualization but I'm still having same problem.

The refresh button isn't working.

Hi @JuliaYebra,

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, The behavior you describe is what we currently expect from the mobile client – right now there’s no way to trigger a data-source refresh from the mobile app for data that is based on SQL Azure Direct query.

JuliaYebra
Helper III
Helper III

Same problem here.
I have a very simple dashboard (no filters applied), showing some titles from reports with DirectQuery enabled to SQL Server, that refreshes perfectly in Power BI Service, but using Android app it doesn't get updated.
When you refresh in Power BI Service inmmediately also refresh in Android App, but you can't refresh it directly on mobile devices.

Type of mobile device type: Samsung Galaxy 4 GT-I9500
OS version: Android 4.4.2
Region/country/language: Argentina / Spanish
App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app): 2.2.160125.11720
Name of the dashboard: GALIL Tiempo Real
Steps to re-create the issue you reported: Open Panel, push Refresh button. It doesn´t get updated

SHHargrove
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've beem having the same issue intermittently in both ios and android.  I am now also seeing my phones behave as if they were out of memory (they are well endowed with memory).   This is subtle, intermittent behavior that started several days (weeks?) ago.  It feels a lot like the datazen client with it's synchronization issues.  We stopped using DataZen because the local synchronization was so undependable.  Please tell me Microsoft hasn't taken that defective tenology and "improved" PowerBi with it.  It is not an improvement.

tbadu

I have connected Reports to Azure SQL Server hence using direct queries, but dashboard titles not getting refresh

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Was there a filter applied at the time of pinning? Dashboard tiles maintain a snapshot of their filter context at the time they are pinned. This means that if you change the parent visual in a report, those filter changes are not reflected in the pinned tile. This feature is by design, but can catch new authors by surprise at times.

No, i did not apply any filters.

When i refresh the dashboard title in the Power BI Web, it refreshes itself and also ipad dashboard also gets refreshed immediately.

But when i try to use refresh button on Dashboard in Ipad Power BI App it doesn't refresh with new updates

Hi @tbadu,

We are not aware of such issue but will be happy to investigate.

Can you please provide  the following details:

Type of mobile device type:

OS version:  

Region/country/language:

App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):

Name of the dashboard:

Steps to re-create the issue you reported:

Any  info or  screen shots will be highly appreciated

Thank you for your help,

Power BI for Mobile Team

Hi Romik,

Can you please provide  the following details:

Type of mobile device type: Ipad

OS version:  9.0

Region/country/language: Mumbai/India/English

App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):

Name of the dashboard: FULLSALESVIEW

Steps to re-create the issue you reported: I have connected Dashboard report to Azure SQL Server for data

Any  info or  screen shots will be highly appreciated: 

Thank you for your help,

Thank you for the details, we will investigate and get back to you soon!

With this new Android app version, I'm having the same problem.

I can't refresh tiles from Android app. They only get updated when you refresh them from Power BI Service.

Is it supposed to work in that way?

I'm experiencing the same problem.  Only after I manually refresh the dashboard on the service, do the tile on the phone update.

The probelm seems to be isolated to an individual dashboard group. The same dashboard published to a different group is not experiencing this problem.

This is extremely frustrating because I can't debug the problem.

Any ideas ?

Regards..

Hi,

@bschultz @tbadu @JuliaYebra @SHHargrove @greggyb

Thanks for your input.  The behavior you describe below is what we currently expect from the mobile client – right now there’s no way to trigger a data-source refresh from the mobile app for data that is based on SQL Azure Direct query.

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply. However, there may be a communication problem. 

In my case I not trying to trigger a data-source refresh from the mobile app.  I the problem I’m trying to describe is a refresh (update) of the visuals / tiles on the iphone. In my case the underlying data exists (imported) on the service.   

During the Sync (update) process on the iphone the visuals (tiles) sporadically go empty / blank. The sync process is initiated by swiping down on the phone.  The same dashboard published to a different dashboard Group will refresh (update) without any issues.

On multiple occasion, I have experience the situation where the dashboard initially renders fine on the phone. Then I swipe down to initiate a dashboard refresh, and all the tile go blank. 

Could this be problem is the phone client software?

Hopefully this explanation helps describe a different use case.

Regards, Bob

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors