Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mahiroux

Multiple reporting server URL in managed app configurations

Hi,

I have configured reporting server URL for iOS users using the third party MDM managed app configurations as per the Microsoft KB article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-app-configuration.  Since we have both test and production PowerBI servers,i would like to know how to add multiple reporting server URL's so that users do not need to type in the server addresses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @mahiroux 

Theoretically you can push 2 seperate report server configurations.

When the mobile app accepts that configuration, if the report server URL is not yet configured, it will be added to the report server list (if it already exists, then the details will be overriden by the pushed configuration).

The risk in the approach is that if a certain device, did not receive the first configuration pushed (since the device was offline for example) , it will only get the latest report configuration. I would recomment to start with test server and then push the prod server.

Maya

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @mahiroux 

Theoretically you can push 2 seperate report server configurations.

When the mobile app accepts that configuration, if the report server URL is not yet configured, it will be added to the report server list (if it already exists, then the details will be overriden by the pushed configuration).

The risk in the approach is that if a certain device, did not receive the first configuration pushed (since the device was offline for example) , it will only get the latest report configuration. I would recomment to start with test server and then push the prod server.

Maya

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mahiroux,

Your requirement sounds more relate to third-party tool usage, I'd like to suggest you contact the application development team to get better support.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors