Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Julie2014
Regular Visitor

'Multi-select' and 'Reset Filters' button in PBI App

Hi All

Long time reader, first time submitting a question so please be kind 🙂

I'm getting my team excited to use the Mobile reports and PBI App and a request was made to create a 'clear all' button for when they've gone crazy with the graph selecting. 

When 'Multi-select' is turned off in the user settings, the 'reset filters' button and the bookmark I created to reset the filters works as expected. When 'Multi-select' is turned on, neither work as desired. 

Example - I make one selection on a stacked bar chart:

Reset Filters arrow - arrow is greyed out and unable to select it.  It never becomes an option when multi-select is turned out.

Bookmark - the visuals filtered by the selection in Stacked Bar Chart are reset/unfiltered but the stacked bar chart still looks like a selection has been made. The 'reset filters' arrow is now available to click on and this clears the selection in the stacked bar chart.

The same happens if I make multiple selections. 

So my questions are:

1) Why is the reset filters button unavailable when multi-select is on?

2) Is there a way to make the bookmark to clear the selection in the graph? (The bookmark does not have the graph filtered.)

I can add screenshots but will need to edit them to remove commerical info -  but will provide them if it will help.

Thanks so much

Julie

2 REPLIES 2
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Julie2014 ,

Can you please provide a short video with the scenario? or a sample PBIX file that the issue can be reproduced?

You can use this mail address: mpbisup@microsoft.com

Thanks Maya

Thanks Maya! I've sent an email 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors