Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Mobile apps - Sharing Scheduled Refresh Dashboards between Pro & Free users

When sharing a dashboard from a Pro user to users with free account while they can access and use it from Service ( used to be a bug but is now fixed )  they cannot open it on mobile apps.

That is if the schedule refresh in on.The interval is weekly or daily ( once which is supported ) and the data sources are online/web and supported for free users. ( they can access it from service )

Test in ios and windows10 apps.

Capture.PNG

Has to do with pro can only set specific time to refresh even if once a week , while on free you can specify only a time range?

Used to be the exact issue on the service but now has been fixed. 

Konstantinos Ioannou
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @konstantinos,

Thank you for reporting on this issue.

We have a fix ready.

Siince we have a dependency on deployments timeline, the fix should be available in 3-4 weeks from now in the mobile apps (no need to update the app version as this is a server side code fix).

Thanks,

Yaron

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi

Can you please double check that your dashboard doesn’t meet any of the features that defines Pro dashboard and are listed in this document - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-it/?

We tried to repro the problem on our devices and it just worked.

Can you try to pull to refresh/click on refresh button in the dashboard and see if the problem persists?

Can you try to pull to refresh/click on refresh button in the dashboard and see if the problem persists?

Can you try to close the app and reopen it and see if the problem persists?

When you click on share dashboard from the web browser, do you see a message that this is a pro dashboard?

Thanks,

Yaron

@yaronc Thanks for the responce

I double check them, as also the dataset only uses web data sources ( onedrive for business / path ). 

The issue happens when I add a specific time to refresh, once a day from the pro account. Pro account don't offer as you know 6 hours time slots to refresh as in free accounts.

With screenshots:

Pro account share with weekly ( 5 times ) without a time specified.

Mobile app is working - Browser access is working

Access from browser/service - no specific time scheduled - working ( no warning )

ServiceService

Access from mobile app- no specific time scheduled - working ( no warning )

mobilemobile

Access from mobile app- time scheduled -  warning message

2.PNG

Access from browser/service - time scheduled - working ( no warning )

4.PNG

I hope you can reproduce the issue. If I schedule from the pro account without a time slot , which works, what time is the refresh happens?

Thanks

Konstantinos Ioannou

Hi @konstantinos,

Thanks for the screenshot.

We succeeded to repro the problem and investigating in order to resolve it.

As for your question when no time defined for the schedule refresh, you can see the next refresh time presented on the top of the page of the schedule refresh configuration.

Thanks,

Yaron

Hi @konstantinos,

Thank you for reporting on this issue.

We have a fix ready.

Siince we have a dependency on deployments timeline, the fix should be available in 3-4 weeks from now in the mobile apps (no need to update the app version as this is a server side code fix).

Thanks,

Yaron

Hi 

when the issue will be fixed?

on the Android version it still have the same problem 

thanks a lot 

@analystreports yaronc stated 3-4 weeks in his post on Sunday... 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer thanks , saw the "Sunday"  now , at first i saw it Registered on 2015 

Hi 

any update on the issue ?

on Android version it still have the same problem 

thanks a lot 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors