Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m_rsilva

Mobile Version - Background Error

Hi,

I created a report that uses a standard background for the web version. But when creating the mobile version, the background also appears in a non-optimized way. I already made sure to use the image in the "background" field.
How do I remove this background from the mobile version? (I really need it in the web version)

Note: This error does not appear in Power BI Desktop, but only in the published report.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @m_rsilva ,

As you described,  when setting a background image to the web layout, when viewing in mobile that image will also be displayed in the non-optimized layout.

The non-optimized layout display web version including the background image, there is no option today to view the background image only in web layout and not in the non-optimized version.

Can I ask what is the use case where you don’t want to show that image in Mobile as it supposed to present the exact same view when looking on the non-optimized version?

As a workaround you may try to use wallpaper image that displayed in the web version but does not display in the Mobile version (optimized and non-optimized)

Thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_rsilva ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @m_rsilva ,

As you described,  when setting a background image to the web layout, when viewing in mobile that image will also be displayed in the non-optimized layout.

The non-optimized layout display web version including the background image, there is no option today to view the background image only in web layout and not in the non-optimized version.

Can I ask what is the use case where you don’t want to show that image in Mobile as it supposed to present the exact same view when looking on the non-optimized version?

As a workaround you may try to use wallpaper image that displayed in the web version but does not display in the Mobile version (optimized and non-optimized)

Thanks,

Michal

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_rsilva ,

In my tests, there were no problems with.

PowerBi Service:

vluwangmsft_0-1649670456039.png

Mobliephone layout:

vluwangmsft_1-1649670480133.png

And I test on my phone(Iphone 8P):

vluwangmsft_2-1649670663309.png

If question still not solved ,could you pls share your pbix file,and remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors