Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

soldstatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Mobile User Location

I've tried multiple map visualizations, but I currently am not able to find a way to zoom in / focus on the user's actual physical location in the real world. I would love to do some analysis (ie show data within 1 mi radius of user's location), but first is just opening the map and centering oneself on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to pin the visual to a dashboard.

Once you have it in your dashbord, open Tile in Focus and then you should have it.

Maya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @soldstatic,

Center a map feature is only available for a dashboard tile that is based on Bing Map visual (when you are in focus mode in that tile).

It is also currently supported only for IOS and Windows devices.

Thansk, Maya

I'm on IOS and built a report using the normal "map" visualization with Bing base map. How do I get it to center on my location? I don't see the typical triangle icon to center on GPS, and I don't see an option in the menu?

You need to pin the visual to a dashboard.

Once you have it in your dashbord, open Tile in Focus and then you should have it.

Maya

Thanks! That does work! Now, MS just needs to expand that functionality to actually work without this workaround, but still awesome, thank you!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @soldstatic,

AFAIK, current mobile app not support to filter based on physical location. Maybe you can submit an idea about add support for physical location filter.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors