Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Mobile Layout version - how do I see this report on my phone

Hi All 

I created a report on Power BI desktop and have also created a mobile layout view

I have also gone ahead and published the report online to the Power BI service.

However the problem is when viewing the report using mobile phones or other colleagues phones,  we are NOT able to view the mobile layout version. 

The version viewed on the mobile phone is the desktop layout reports

Please can I get any suggestions/ advice  - Many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atin,

What methods do you review these contents? If you are using mobile web browsers, they not able to enable phone layout. Please view these contents on power bi mobile app with vertical mode instead.

Optimize Power BI reports for the mobile app 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks for getting back 

No I am not viewing it on the PowerBI app. I used the link that I got from the “Public to Web embed code” feature.
I was opening up the link using my phone and not using the PowerBI app to view the report.

I have some questions:

1. Can we only view mobile friendly reports by having access to the PowerBI App?
  2. When sharing the link to reports with others, do they have to download the PowerBI app in order to view the mobile version

I was of the opinion that anyone could open up a link and it defaults to either a mobile or desktop version depending on what kind of smart phone, laptop or PC a person was using.

I have read through the "Optimize PowerBI reports for the mobile app" document and I have further questions:

1. I have created both the phone version and main versions of my reports and published this already on the Power BI service. How can I now get others to view this report from their mobile phones?
  2. Do they all need to download the Power BI app on their phones as well
  3. Would I need to upgrade to Power BI Pro in order to send mobile links to others to view my reports.

Hey @atin ,

You can use mobile optimized layout in Power BI Mobile app and if you build your own app using embedded SDK.

Reports published to web and viewed from mobile browser will rendered in their web layout (landscpae).

You can add an idea to Power BI user voice to support mobile layout for "publish to web reports".

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Maya

Hi Maya

Many thanks for your comments below.

Unfortunately I dont have a developer/programmer background in order to build my own app using embedded SDK. However if anyone out there has tried this method, and it works, please let me know. 

I will be adding an idea to the Power BI user voice to support "published URLs should be mobile friendly".  Hopefully we can get a solution shortly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors