Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xyz123ABC
Frequent Visitor

Mobile App on Tablet displaying desktop instead of mobile layouts

I am connected to a reporting server with the mobile app on my tablet. However, when I try to view reports online they appear as the desktop version instead of the mobile layout I am trying to test. Is it possible to view mobile layouts from a tablet? The same report opened from an iPhone shows the intended mobile layout.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xyz123ABC ,

Power bi mobile app does not auto display mobile layout, you need to design them on desktop side:

Optimize reports for the Power BI mobile apps 

BTW, phone layout seems only enabled on vertical mode; if you open with horizontal mode, these contents did not show as phone layout.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply but this did not solve my problem. The report had been designed as a mobile report from the desktop application and opening from my tablet did not recognize the mobile layout. A new release for the Power BI app was released since making this post and it appears to have solved the problem for whatever reason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors