Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile App Pro : Report Alignment distorted after November release because of Ellipsis(Three dots)

We are noticing a new Ellipsis icon(three dots) that is showing on top of each visualization(tiles) in Mobile App(iPhone Device 6Plus or 6SPlus). It is taking extra space and shrinks the existing height/width that is provided to each visualization. So, the numbers are shrinked and not visible.

Till October, this was not showing up and our visualizations were showing fine in all Mobile app iOS devices.

Since this is a report, the Phone View layout shows properly in Power BI Desktop, but not in the Mobile app after publishing.

Could you please have a look and let me know if this is a bug or how this can be fixed?

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous,

Nothing changed in the Mobile app. This is a new feature release in Power BI Desktop called "Modern Visual Header". 

The Mobile app does not support that yet, and therefore, reports that the Modern Visual Header is turned on will look different b/w Desktop mobile emulation and the actual mobile app.

We are working on the closing this gap, and Mobile support for Modern Visual Header will be released shortly (Dec-9).

Thanks for your feedback,

Maya

Maya,

All of our published mobile reports have spacing issues since the last update so I do not think it is fair to say nothing changed. Every one of or mobile reports changed. I understand this is a disconnect with mobile and desktop but without a reasonable workaround the Power BI Mobile experience certainly did change...and not for the better.

Looking forward to the fix.

Is there a workaround for this? The update has rendered all our mobile reports un-readable.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Modern-visual-header-not-in-sync-with-Power-BI-Mobile/idi-p/...

I am talking to support and they made me feel like i was the only one with this issue. I posted an example of this at the above submission. Sorry you have this issue too but glad I am not alone. I will send this in too...so far I've gotten nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors