Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drewd25
Frequent Visitor

Mobile App Does not Allow for URL Parameters?

Hello Everyone,

I have a report which I am planning to launch at the end of this month. I am distributing automatic emails to a group of colleagues with a link to my report which is modified dynamically to include a filter that will populate relevant detail after simply clicking from their outlook; however, I am instead seeing users receive the following error message in some instances.

When following the link from my Samsung (as the workspace owner) I do immediately retrieve the report, albeit unfiltered. Is there no way to pass URL parameters through mobile?

2018-04-11_17-28-37.png

3 REPLIES 3
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Drewd25 ,

Query params should be supported. 

Can you please contact us (mpbisup@microsoft.com) and share more details on the url in use? 

We also need Power BI Mobile app you are using (Android/iOS) and its verion.

Thanks, Maya

Thanks for your quick response. I've emailed you more details.

This is actual a better description of my problem:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Open-a-Power-BI-Paginated-Report-from-mobile/m-p/139283...

To clarify, I'm using an iPad and the version of the Power BI app is 23.0. Also I'm trying to open a paginated report

Sample link is (with GUID's changed for privacy):

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/zzzz7fcd-583b-43d8-818d-f9ee7cffb108/rdlreports/zzzz0748-8e64-433d-91...

This works fine in a browser on a desktop, but within iOS, it opens the report in the Power BI App but prompts for parameters values rather than passing them through.

PBIX reports work fine with parameter values.

NickMcDermaid
Frequent Visitor

Can someone give a yes or no answer please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors