cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drewd25
Frequent Visitor

Mobile App Does not Allow for URL Parameters?

Hello Everyone,

I have a report which I am planning to launch at the end of this month. I am distributing automatic emails to a group of colleagues with a link to my report which is modified dynamically to include a filter that will populate relevant detail after simply clicking from their outlook; however, I am instead seeing users receive the following error message in some instances.

When following the link from my Samsung (as the workspace owner) I do immediately retrieve the report, albeit unfiltered. Is there no way to pass URL parameters through mobile?

2018-04-11_17-28-37.png

3 REPLIES 3
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Drewd25 ,

Query params should be supported. 

Can you please contact us (mpbisup@microsoft.com) and share more details on the url in use? 

We also need Power BI Mobile app you are using (Android/iOS) and its verion.

Thanks, Maya

Thanks for your quick response. I've emailed you more details.

This is actual a better description of my problem:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Open-a-Power-BI-Paginated-Report-from-mobile/m-p/139283...

To clarify, I'm using an iPad and the version of the Power BI app is 23.0. Also I'm trying to open a paginated report

Sample link is (with GUID's changed for privacy):

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/zzzz7fcd-583b-43d8-818d-f9ee7cffb108/rdlreports/zzzz0748-8e64-433d-91...

This works fine in a browser on a desktop, but within iOS, it opens the report in the Power BI App but prompts for parameters values rather than passing them through.

PBIX reports work fine with parameter values.

NickMcDermaid

Can someone give a yes or no answer please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Kudoed Authors