Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Xisco
Frequent Visitor

Miguel Myers Power BI Reports and Dashboard Presentation

Report Bi App in Iphone: reporting services connecting to request user name and password several times.

If you can not have any reason, update version of operating system

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
guclu
Regular Visitor

Just updated to the newest release on iOS 10 and both bugs seem fixed. I can now able to see reports running.

Kudos to the team. @gabil

View solution in original post

Confirmed, it's fixed. Smiley Very Happy  Thanks for staying focused on this Microsoft Power BI team! 

~ Nathan

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
addyb77
Helper I
Helper I

I get the same issues with my mobile reports. Just the loading bars and nothing happens. This is on iOS 9 and 10. The reports work fine when launched on my system. They just wont load on the power bi mobile app.

Xisco
Frequent Visitor

I know that the critics do not help, but as is possible for a product that is PowerBi for directors, senior managers, decision makers, which use mostly Apple can not use it for 7 days

guclu
Regular Visitor

Any updates to this ?

I am also facing the exact samething with ios10

Hi all,

Thanks you for reporting this issues.

We're actively working on a fix to this problem that happens on some of the device types running iOS 10.

We will have an update of the app with a fix soon.

We'll upate this thread once the fix is out.

Thanks,

Gabi

Hi

I see there is an update for Power BI on the IOS app store (21 September 2016 3pm South African time). I have updated and do not get the previous issue where the app keeps asking to enter the password. I do however notice that none of the dasboards open, it just keeps showing the refreshing screen.

I just updated the iOS app to version 9.4 (thanks @Veloshan for the post about the update).  The password message no longer comes up but I am have the same issue as @Veloshan with my mobile reports... the animated loading image pops up and the report never loads.  I've tested the reports through webpage access and they run fine.  I've also tested on the PowerBI app for Windows 10 and they work fine there as well.  The only place not working is the iOS app.

Has anyone had sucess?

~ Nathan

Hi.
I'm Erez – a software engineer working with the Power BI Mobile team.
Sorry to hear about the inconvenience with our latest version.

Can you please share which kind of dataset is used for loading the mobile reports?
Is it shared/embedded/has parameters?
Also, do you see the refresh button on the right side of the navigation bar on the top?
And, does it happen for all of your mobile reports?

@Veloshan, by dashboard in SSRS do you mean mobile reports or Power BI Dashboards?

Thanks!
Erez.

@erezone, to answer your questions based on my testing...

Q: Which kind of dataset is used for loading the mobile reports?  Is it shared/embedded/has parameters?

I'm using a shared dataset, I've validated the permissions are correct.  The mobile report runs fine from the web-based SSRS report portal on both iPad and iPhone.  

I have also tested a mobile report using only simulated data from mobile report publisher.  That report runs fine in the iOS app.  This leads me to beleive that the issue resides in the way the app is connecting to SSRS.

Q:  Do you see the refresh button on the right side of the navigation bar on the top?  

Yes, I see the refresh button.  I tapped it and the report still stays stuck at the loading animation.

Q:  Does it happen for all of your mobile reports?

Yes, for all mobile reports that access a shared dataset.  I can get mobile reports that use simulated data to run fine.

I'm so glad to find this thread. I spent a over 6 hours yesterday trying to figure out why this wasn't working. I'm having the exact same problem. The report is just showing the refresh screen when connecting to a mobile report with a shared dataset/datasource, I'm using SSRS 2016 if anyone is interested?

I'm an EPOS Software Engineer who is/was putting together a suite of reports that could be sold on to our customers and push them toward using this app and cloud services. I'm having second thoughts now...

We're very sorry that this issue is causing you delays.

We've analyzed the problem and we have a resolution for it.

A new version of the app will be availalbe in apple store soon.

We will update this thread once this happens.

guclu
Regular Visitor

Just updated to the newest release on iOS 10 and both bugs seem fixed. I can now able to see reports running.

Kudos to the team. @gabil

I can confirm this latest updated has also solved my issues.

I agree with @guclu. Kudos to the team. @gabil, its nice to know there is someone paying attention to these forums. 🙂

Hi all,

We updated the app in Apple store with a fix to the last reported issue.

Please let us know if you still experience any of these issues after updating the app.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Gabi

Confirmed, it's fixed. Smiley Very Happy  Thanks for staying focused on this Microsoft Power BI team! 

~ Nathan

Yep works fine for me now thanks. Now i just need to figure out if i can prompt users for a parameter before a report runs (to filter results)

@erezone it's shared and embedded. I do see the refresh icon on the top right, when I press the button it spins for a few seconds and then stops. None of my dashboards open.

I'm referring to the mobile reports.

IMG_6869.jpg

faisalyou
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I also upgraded the IOS 10 and now im facing issue. while BI connecting to reporting services server showing message Server password changed, and showing Enter password or Remove. Password is not changed it giving messamge again an again

Please let me know if any soluttion to fix that.

following is the version i am using

IPhone IOS 10.0.1

BI version 9.3

Thanks

RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi @Xisco,

Did you happen to upgrade your OS to iOS10?

Can you share the info below ?

Type of mobile device type:
App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):
Steps to re-create the issue you reported:

Thanks,

Romi

I see the same results

I upgraded the iOS to 10 on my iPhone on 13th and have this issue ever since.

App build version is 9.1

Issue - after connecting to our internal SSRS 2016 server using basic authentication (using my domain account and password) we get this popup saying 'Server password changed' - the options are enter password again or remove. The password is correct and has not been changed. I see the KPI's getting upgated behind the popup message. My collegues with iOS 9 (who did not upgrade to 10) does not have this issue. If I put in the password, the popup comes back with the same message in a minute or sooner. There is no bypassing this at this time. Screen shot below:

IMG_0166.PNG

If additional information needed - I can provide.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors