cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogesh_NMH Helper I
Helper I

Loading & resizing report on an iPad / handheld device

Hello everyone, 

I have a Power BI Pro licence and I have published my report to the Power BI Service into a particular workspace. I haven't created a dashboard because I would like to share the whole report to a specific audience. I have published the report as an App which, on opening, redirects the users to the Report.

When the selected users view the report on a desktop, everything works fine. However, when they load in on an iPad, they cannot resize the content. For example, if you want to see a particular chart bigger, etc. you would normally use your fingers to zoom in-zoom out. This is either not possible at this time, or, maybe I am doing something wrong here.

I have also tried pinning my whole report as a dashboard, then, share it to a specific audience. When the users click on the link they receive and open it on an iPad, they are able to resize the dashboard using their fingers, however, as soon as they click on any part of the screen, they are automatically redirected to the Report View, in its original size.

Kindly advise on the following:

1. What is the correct way to share a report (not a dashboard) to a specific audience?
  2. Is it possible to resize a report view on a handheld device?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Yogesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Loading & resizing report on an iPad / handheld device

Hi Yogesh,

Reports on iPad do not support pinch to zoom (zoom in and out). You can use the in focus capability to drill into a specific chart.

Sharing reports is possible using the apps mechanism like you did, or using a new capability to specifically share reports (like dashboards) that we're currently working on and will be available during the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Loading & resizing report on an iPad / handheld device

Hi Yogesh,

Reports on iPad do not support pinch to zoom (zoom in and out). You can use the in focus capability to drill into a specific chart.

Sharing reports is possible using the apps mechanism like you did, or using a new capability to specifically share reports (like dashboards) that we're currently working on and will be available during the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors