Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yogesh_NMH
Helper I
Helper I

Loading & resizing report on an iPad / handheld device

Hello everyone, 

I have a Power BI Pro licence and I have published my report to the Power BI Service into a particular workspace. I haven't created a dashboard because I would like to share the whole report to a specific audience. I have published the report as an App which, on opening, redirects the users to the Report.

When the selected users view the report on a desktop, everything works fine. However, when they load in on an iPad, they cannot resize the content. For example, if you want to see a particular chart bigger, etc. you would normally use your fingers to zoom in-zoom out. This is either not possible at this time, or, maybe I am doing something wrong here.

I have also tried pinning my whole report as a dashboard, then, share it to a specific audience. When the users click on the link they receive and open it on an iPad, they are able to resize the dashboard using their fingers, however, as soon as they click on any part of the screen, they are automatically redirected to the Report View, in its original size.

Kindly advise on the following:

1. What is the correct way to share a report (not a dashboard) to a specific audience?
  2. Is it possible to resize a report view on a handheld device?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Yogesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Reports on iPad do not support pinch to zoom (zoom in and out). You can use the in focus capability to drill into a specific chart.

Sharing reports is possible using the apps mechanism like you did, or using a new capability to specifically share reports (like dashboards) that we're currently working on and will be available during the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Reports on iPad do not support pinch to zoom (zoom in and out). You can use the in focus capability to drill into a specific chart.

Sharing reports is possible using the apps mechanism like you did, or using a new capability to specifically share reports (like dashboards) that we're currently working on and will be available during the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Gabi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors